Some of my Favorite Dresden Files quotes

The Dresden files is an extremely Quotable book series. Here are some of my favorite quotes from it. There are a LOT more awesome quotes, plenty of them even better but I had to avoid spoilers

“I don't want to live in a world where the strong rule and the weak cower. I'd rather make a place where things are a little quieter. Where trolls stay the hell under their bridges and where elves don't come swooping out to snatch children from their cradles. Where vampires respect the limits, and where the faeries mind their p's and q's. My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call. I'm in the book.”
― Storm Front

“For the sake of one soul. For one loved one. For one life." I called power into my blasting rod, and its tip glowed incandescent white. "The way I see it, there's nothing else worth fighting a war for.”-Grave Peril

Butters stared up at me, pale, his eyes terrified. "We're not?"

"No. And do you know why?" He shook his head. "Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die." I hauled on the shirt even harder. "And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and polka will never die.” - Dead Beat

"Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos."-Dead Beat

“I’ve had a tense couple of days. And I’ve got to tell you, burning someone’s face off sounds like a great way to relax.”
― Small Favor

“It came charging toward me, several hundred pounds of angry-looking monster, and I did the only thing any reasonable wizard could have done.
I turned around and ran like hell.”
― Death Masks

“Thomas was an annoying wiseass who tended to make everyone he met want to kill him, and when I have that much in common with someone, I can't help but like him a little.”
― Blood Rites

“I didn't know this before, but as it turns out, Tyrannosaurs can really haul ass.”
― Dead Beat

"You can say what you like about Gentleman Johnny Marcone, but he has a set of brass balls that drag the ground when he walks."-Small Favor

"The building was on fire, and it wasn’t my fault."-Blood Rites

... They paid some madman who thought he was a decorator a lot of money to make the place look hip and unique. May be it's my lack of fashion sense talking, but I thought they should have held out for one of those gorillas who has learned to paint. The results would have been of similar quality, and they could have paid in fresh produce. - Small Favor

I've done smarter things in my life. Once, for example, I threw myself out of a moving car in order to take on a truckload of lycanthropes singlehandedly." ~Fool Moon

53
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Should I start reading it?

• Its my favorite book series,
      Start right the hell now.
      The first one is Storm Front
      The second is Fool Moon
      The Third is Grave Peril
      It doesn't really kick off till the third book.
      right now its at book 15

• Alright. I'll check it out :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Never read them, just might have to now

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• Some of these are too long for quotes (quotes should be kept to a sentence or two at most) if its too long you can cut the unnecesary bits out, and just leave... Where there would have been writing.

• Never read but I will try them.

• nice post

• perfect

What Guys Said 2

• what kind of series is it? Like young adult etc? Is it episodic with each book or is it all one big plot line?

• Its not young adult at all.
      Its a mix of episodic and one big plot.
      Its the best urban fantasy series.
      Its about a wizard who lives in Chicago and works as a private investigator.
      He carried a gun in addition to carrying a staff and stuff

• Dresden... a city in Germany mostly known for being firebombed into dust in WW II.

And before that, for fine china.