2 Video games that were worse versions of other ones.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and have realize that some video games just weren't freaking necessary, there was no reason for them to be made, usually because they were basically a worse version existing video games.

Dead Space is just a shitty version of Doom

So let's take the classic shooter DOOM the one that actually had a reboot that stood up to the original. So lets take DOOM and take away the fun shooting. Take away the awesome metal music. Take away the fearless space marine. Make the Gore less of a black comedy heroic shoot em up and try to turn it into a scarefest and fail. Make the Demons from hell some sort of lame eldritch abomination mutant. Now make the whole game extremely depressing. What do you get other than an extremely shitty DOOM game. Well you get Dead Space. Seriously when DOOM already exists there is no reason to make a game like Dead Space, we already found out making a doom game like that would suck when DOOM 3 came out.

THIEF 4 WAS BETTER WHEN IT WAS CALLED DISHONORED

There is no denying that every first person stealth game owes their existence to Thief the Dark Project. So it'd make sense that eventually they'd make a thief 4 even after 10 years of no thief games. However when they decided to make Thief 4 they decided to in turn rip off the Game Dishonored that came out 2 year earlier. Everything up to including the mechanics and the setting was given at least some changes to make it more like Dishonored. We got a dishonored rip off instead of a proper Thief 4.

510
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• good take

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• I liked Dead Space way better than Doom haha, and metacritic ratings were always in the 80 to 90 range i believe so there are a lot of people out there that disagree with you on that one.

• Never played thief but the protag had magic powers that can deal lasting or sub damage to a person? Or have add on packs in which you are the actual spies rather than the Princess bodyguard.

• I prefer dead space but ok.

• OVER DOOM?

• Meh about dishonered. But red dead is awesome

• Only played Dead Space and I quite enjoyed it.

What Guys Said 9

• I think I might try Dead Space 3, but that's only because it support co-operative mode.

Haven't played the Thief games but I might try any of the other first 3 and then the 4th one and compare my experiences with them.

• I liked Dead Space, but I love DOOM. I would never put Dead Space anywhere close to DOOM. Its more survival oriented but DOOM is more about being a sheer badass.

• I can respectfully disagree with you on Dead Space being a crappy version of Doom. Dead Space plays nothing like the original doom since Dead Space actually has a bit of a more complex storyline while the original Doom game barely has any (but still a fun and great game nonetheless). Dead Space is still a great game that many people I personally know, enjoy playing as much as Doom but for different reasons.

• haha yeah I remember playing doom on the n64 good times only problem for that one was the brightness screen setting was horrible and you cuoldn't change it.

• Hold up.
    Dead Space WAS NOT DOOM.
    Dead Space had a engineer as the protag and is a horror game (the first one was)
    DOOM has a space marine as a protag and is an action game.
    They do NOT compare.

You are right about Thief though.

• dead space was really awesome, and more better than doom

• All versions of Theif sucked.

• Dead space is nothing close to doom my friend...

• Doom is a very action fighting game. Dead Space is a horror survival game. They are fundamentally different.