TV Series You Might Not Have Heard About > You're Missing Out

These comedies are not the most popular, but are pretty great - it's that thing when you're not expecting much the oddest things really surprise you!

All of these may not be comedies first and foremost, but they have that feel and you'll certainly be amused.

If you like comedies that have more of a substance to them, a purpose besides just to be funny - then you're going to like these:

Galavant

A dashing hero who is determined to reclaim his reputation and his "Happily Ever After" by going after the evil King Richard.

Hooten and the Lady

Action adventure drama, starring Michael Landes and Ophelia Lovibond, they travel the world in search of hidden treasures.

Supernatural

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings. [Yeah, everyone's heard of Supernatural...they're so funny sometimes that I had to add them on here.]

Misfits

A group of young offenders doing community service get struck by lightning during a storm, and begin to develop superpowers.

Chuck

When a twenty-something computer geek inadvertently downloads critical government secrets into his brain, CIA and NSA assign two agents to protect him.

Devious Maids

Four Latina maids with ambition and dreams of their own work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while solving crimes.

Sherlock

A modern update finds the famous sleuth and his doctor partner solving crime in 21st century London.

TV Series descriptions helped by http://www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home .

68
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• this is the internet. I don't know if its possible for an internet user my age to not know what Supernatural is

Most Helpful Girl

• I think everybody heard of Supernatural :)
    I like all of the above, but I haven't heard of Hooten And The Lady.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• I got hooked onto SuperNatural since Season 2, the first 5 are still the best, and then everything that came after starts to feel more like rinse and repeats of sequels and spin offs as the show's runner went from Eric Kripke to Sera Gamble, then Jeremy Carver, and now it's Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer so you can see why the show has changed a lot in it's quality and direction. But I still watch it no matter what, because I like the humor and comedy that is incorporated into the horror themes of SuperNatural.

Last I've checked, there will be a 13th season, so maybe Jared wasn't lying about aiming for at least 300 episodes, but I do hope they plan the very final episode thoroughly and not make it a let down.

• I know about Supernatural, Chuck, Sherlock and Misfits, those are all great shows.
    I've heard of Galavant but I've never watched it. Devious Maids looks interesting, is it good?
    Hmm, Hooten And The Lady... is it as good as Relic Hunter?

• Devious Maids is amazing. If you like everyday comedy and whodunnit - you'll like it.
      Relic Hunter was better... but Hooten is just fun... it's not amazing when it comes to the expeditions because they find whatever they're looking for a bit too fast... but it's still fun.

• Ok, I'll check it out, thanks :D

• I'm sorry little silly I have never heard of any of those shows, are they European shows?

• Oops, I've never heard about any of them Sally :o
    What a whole in my culture :-(

• How can someone not know about Supernatural? 😁
    Sherlock is great but there is only 6 episodes per season and it takes so long before you get your dose...
    Chuck was great but was canceled long ago. Yvonne is so pretty 😍

• Supernatural should have ended in s11, now they're just bullshitting... can't seem to die for good.

• S11?
      I think you mean anywhere from s5-s7

• @Waffles731 well, I was being generous lol.

• @Liisjak From what I heard, as long the main leading actors are up for keeping the show going, everybody else part of the show's production will keep it going, including the CEO of The CW, Mark Pedowitz, as he, ultimately calls the shots on whether if the show is allowed to continue for another season or not.

I even read in a TV magazine somewhere that Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) wanted the show to have at least 300 episodes first before deciding to discuss plans for exiting and ending the show. They already made it past 200 episode, but to make it to that quota, if they ever do will mean the show won't be over at least until Season 14 or 15.

I do think that Season 11 really should have been it, as that was the toughest villain the Winchesters ever went up against, the quality of the show is declining just like horror movies with so many sequels or spinoffs following up over and over again.

What Girls Said 5

• I've actually seen Galavant, Sherlock, and my friends won't shut up about Supernatural. Galavant is hilarious though. xD

• I love Galavant its was freaking hilarious.

• Out of all the shows, ill only watch misfits 😜😎🤓

• The best TV series in the whole world ever was "Thunderbirds."

• Cool take