Would you pose naked for an art/photography project?

I go to a women's college and I'm an art major. In the art world you see a lot of naked people (life drawing classes, photography classes, art history classes, etc) but most of the time it is a stranger that you are seeing naked.

This past semester I was in a digital photography class. One classmate photographed herself naked for each project. Another classmate did the same for our second project. and then a third classmate photographed 3 different people naked (asked them to use paint to decorate their bodies and use their body as a canvas and make themselves pieces of art). Where do you find volunteers to pose naked for you? in the art department of course haha.

It was a little weird at first getting used to seeing your classmates naked & critiquing their projects haha. how many times do you get to say "the side of your left boob is too bright and you need to dodge that in some"? haha

anyways, some classmates were super comfortable photographing themselves, photographing others, or letting others photograph them and having their work displayed in the hallway for everyone to see... I was wondering how the GAG population felt.

I personally am not really comfortable with it but I admire others confidence in their bodies haha.

• Yes (in my own projects and starring in others' projects)
  • Yes (only my own projects)
  • No (but I could photograph, draw, paint, etc other naked people)
  • No (to everything)

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't bother me. When portrayed right, the human body can be beautiful and very... artsy? :)

What Guys Said 8

• God created the human body to be absolutely gorgeous to other humans. I use to be very conservative in respect to displaying oneself. After my baptism art was one of the things that God highlighted as simply beautiful. However on the other hand not all people have an appreciation for it in a professional or positive manner. Some can be very vulgar and disrespectful so you will open yourself up to that criticism, which can be very hostile at childish. I guarantee that your classmates had some anxiety they weren't expressing in respect to opening up like that. I still however feel that when two people are in a relationship God intends for them to be the enjoyers of each other. To openly share His gift of your personal beauty with the world is taking a gift from your significant other. I feel the interactions I had were His way of overcoming the shortcomings I had in respect to women and my own insecurities. Bottom line is what is your opinion about displaying yourself to the world? Do you feel that you are sharing a part of you that you want to keep for another or is it something you want to share with the proverbial world? Not to mention are you going to be secure enough with yourself to overcome the idea of brandishing yourself to the world. Being immortalized by Sandro Botticelli or Michelangelo was different, the immortalized the dead or the imaginary such as "The birth of Venus" or "David" respectively.

• I think my point is proven... "Some can be very vulgar and disrespectful so you will open yourself up to that criticism"...

• I've did an occasional naked self portrait (though I look far from good) and have had a couple of paid gigs shooting nudes. I'm a bit embarrassed, but what the heck.

• nope I prefer to focus my time on my apprenticeship in classical oil painting, painting naked people only seems like a waste of time to me, I think most people just do it to others naked to be honest.

That is just my opinion on it though and while the human body is beautiful most of the time I see very little reason to do it solely, in conjunction with other stuff sure but by itself, no.

• I think that's totally cool. I would like to audit those classes, but it's a women's school so oh well. Seriously, why not be accepting of the human body as a subject of art?

• guys from surrounding universities/colleges can take the occasional class for credit... they're just not part/full time students of our school haha

• I have posed nude and taken nude photos for friends and family's art work and helped out others as well.

• I would, one of those godly Greek poses.

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...atio%25E2%2580%258Bn..jpg

• But I wouldn't tell them I'm transsexual. Oops...

• Is it mostly females that pose naked?

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I would.

• I would pose without a doubt.

• Yeah it would be awesome

• I really don't know but for in a group with mature men and women then maybe.