Do You Prefer To Watch Movies Alone Or With Someone?

For touchy movies I'd want to watch them alone I don't want people to see me sob my heart out >.< Though it'd be nice to have an SO to watch movies together and cuddle. Oh it's alright, I'm not forever alone at all! *turns to her cat*

• I watch them alone.
  • I watch them with my SO.
  • I watch them with family or friends.
  • Aww I'd like to watch them with Asker.
  • I'd like to watch them with Asker's cat.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 32

• Depends on the movie. I like a rom com with the missus or sad film so I can comfort her and show my soft side. Love all kinds of other stuff and can watch alone or with somebody. If it's a naughty film it usually means I'm home alone, horny and bored so it is obviously me myself and a hand haha

• I prefer to watch them once with someone (who can be trusted to be quite but still actually pay attention, the SO is great at this) so as to be able to discuss them afterwards.
    Once alone to be able to really study the details.
    Then will cassually watch either with a big group of friends or with my SO curled up on the sofa.

• I really love film and it's an interest that I'd really like to share with a partner. It's fun to have the full movie experience with your partner; get a big blanket to share, make some fresh popcorn, kill the lights and sit up close to one another and relax. That's my preference.

Other than that I'm totally cool watching with other people or going solo.

• Well, when I watch movies at home, it's ALWAYS alone. Hate watching movies with family because they either talk or get up and make noise. I'm always 100% focused on the film when watching so yeah. People who aren't as dedicated to the movie as I am, annoy me lol.

I would like watching a movie with a SO tho. But preferably a movie we've already seen. I'd be less focused on watching the movie and more on when to make a move or go for a cuddle attack :p

• People talk and munch on food so loud its like they have the packet wrapped around their teeth. I'd just rather sit in my cave and cry to films than listen to some melon devour some skittles to a shitty low budget action film.

-rant over-

• I like watching movies by myself to learn things/analyze them (so also think, documentaries)..

But just fun movies/at the theater? Don't mind having someone.

• that's pretty much why i want to watch them alone too; to analyze haha
      i assume you wanted to say "don't mind having someone unless they're annoying"? some people can just ruin it for you lol

• I actually don't mind people talking to me during a movie or anything. I'm pretty good at paying attention and not missing stuff. Especially if the person pays for the movie, they can do whatever they want. I'm cool.

• You're very good at multitasking then! Cool

• Awww... How could you forget me? :O The cat can join if he doesn't "meow" too much :P

s3.favim.com/.../...ila-kunis-Favim.com-353097.jpg

• Depends on the movie. Bit I would like to borrow your cat as well so I can do this whilst watching
    triviamafia.com/.../ceelo.gif

• I usually watch stuff alone nowadays. I enjoy watching movies with friends sometimes, but most people I've tried to watch movies with were just impossible. They either have to constantly talk all through the movie, or their cell phone is constantly ringing and they're always either texting or talking and wanting me to pause it. That gets annoying as fuck. I don't know why some people can't turn their cell phone on silent for an hour and a half.

• I want my significant other to watch movies with me I don't have a choice cause I am not in a relationship so I watch them alone.

• With others, but it really depends on the person. I have one friend that simply will not shut up during movies and it drives me insane. If everyone is going for the movie going experience then it's always better in a group imo.

• With someone, long as they don't ask a gazillion questions during the movie looking for explanations that I can't answer because I had to listen to them instead of the movie, lol.

Jk, I'm used to that :-P.

• I'm very used to watching movies by myself, so even with an SO, it might be weird at first. But the cuddling sounds nice, not gonna lie.

• I like to cuddle up next to my girlfriend and watch them, but if it's a movie that I really want to watch I'll watch by myself.

• If its comedy movies then its gotta be my close friends so we can compare each other with the weird characters. But i used to watch morning shows all alone in the theatre especially the Romantic ones !!

• With someone.

• I would like to watch it with your cat :😮P

• I hate watching movies with others because I really get into movies and I hate when people talk comment or make noise when watching movies

• Usually I watch them alone.

• I know how you feel. It hurts to be alone.

• I'd rather watch with a friend. I don't really like doing stuff by myself

• lol D. but if it has to be one it would be some romantic anime

• I prefer to watch alone with my pants unzipped hahaha:P

• i want to watch them with you. Your cat can have the popcorns

• Both, really.

• Yeah, as long as they're none of what I listed under DontDropIt's answer. Haha.

• yeah, agreed nice list! lol

• I'd like to watch them with the asker and her cat!! :D
    Plus i love cats lol :P

• I would watch it alone but would enjoy watching a movie with another person.

• i really dont care... but like to watch animated movies wid my family!!

• i dont do movies often enough to answer that.

• Aww I'd like to watch them with Asker :P

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 35

• I prefer watching alone. Then I can pause whenever I want and get back to watching it hours later if I feel like it.

• Sad films: alone so I can cry and eat ice cream from the box in my pajamas
    Comedies : with family, friends or a guy, to have someone to share the laughter with
    Horror: with a guy so he can use his strength to keep me on the couch and not running away
    Other kinds: mostly alone or with bff
    I prefer alone because I can pause whenever I want to, to go get a snack or go to the toilet or whatever ;)

• yep same here, all summed up! haha. Agreed with horror movie thing, I become a kitten when watching it so it's always good to have the guy around lol

• F all of the above! i watch with my family, friends, or boyfriend or alone haha and asker, we can totally be friends and watch movies together... and with your cat! :)

• i like to watch with my mom but she can't understand half of it and sleeps in the movie.. so i prefer my SO or my friends :)

• i like to watch movies with other people usually. i like to watch sad movies with my girl friends especially. if its a scary movie i need to watch it with someone else whether it be family, friends, or SO. haha im a scaredy cat. and i like to watch funny movies with everyone :-)

• same here I'm such a scaredy cat when it comes to horror movies lol

• haha i love them but i freak myself out at night. im kinda scared of the dark. and the house i live in has ghosts!

• I don't mind watching them alone but with someone else that'd be nice but don't talk during the movie man. Let me WATCH and LISTEN to it. lol

• I wish I could watch movies with my boyfriend so we can be all cuddly ^_^ but he lives in another state... :c

• With SO or with friends, BUT if i know you fina be talking and wanting to pause the movie, when I get ready to watch a new movie just know im watching it alone.

• I prefer to watch movies alone, but I don't mind watching movies with my best friends or SO. If I watch the movie alone I feel I get more out of it. I hate when people ask too many questions. However, this only applies to touchy movies or just in general movies where you need to pay attention. If it's comedies, horror and action then I prefer to watch with friend/family.

• If I'm watching s movie at home, best believe I wanna watch it alone without distractions. If I'm at the movies.. I'm socially paranoid. If never go alone. But would wanna sit far top corner and avoid loud people.

• It depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I want to see movies by myself & other times I want to see movies with my family, friends and the bf.

• Alone, I can easily cry watching a movie. When I'm with people, I'm the annoying type, I don't stop talking x)

• Sometimes alone, sometimes with someone else. I learned you can't watch movies with just anyone lol.

• JUST KIDDING ASKER.

I REJECT ! lmao

• Obviously with your cat.

• I'd want someone around so I can discuss everything about it.

• If it's like an action of comedy movie or something then those are fun to watch with someone. Romance movies or things along those lines I watch alone

• I love watching movies alone with a bucket of popcorn to eat. Sd every once in a while my BFF and I watch some movies together. And gets quite irritating when she sees her favorites in the movies and goes like 'Omg did you see Channing Tatum! He's so hot'. Like okay I know he's hot and stuff ket e watch the damn movie.

• hahaha yeah it's not nice someone fangirling near you when all you want to do is to watch the movie lol

• generally I watch movies alone but sometimes my parents join me

• I can do either alone or with friends

• watching alone or watching with my so.

• I mostly watch movies alone, sometimes I'll watch movies with my brothers.

• Mostly, I watch them with family; but sometimes I watch them alone.

• I enjoy watching movies especially romcoms alone or with girl friends.

• A and C
    Most of the time I watch them alone, but sometimes I watch them with my family.

• haha nice i watch them with family sometimes, my mother always figures out what will happen next so... I'm like "there we go. she spoiled it!" >.< lol

• I'd rather watch them alone, when I watch movies with others they usually want to have conversations so it's hard to pay attention

• Watching movies with someone can be distracting.

• I watch them with my boyfriend and our daughter. Its always a big sob fest.
    xD

• I prefer alone because I have weird taste in movies

• I put asker's cat just because it depends on the person but i always love cats

• I would watch it alone cuz im gonna cry

• More from Girls
    5