Should animals be used in entertainment and sports?

Please leave a detailed explanation on why animals should not be used in sports or entertainment purposes.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so yes. I do horseback riding for about 12 years now and as I know, some horses really like it and really want to work for a person (at least that's how I experience it. We will never know). People always think the best for an animal is to let them go in nature, but we humans can't never guess what an animal actually thinks and feels. Maybe he does like to slender it's whole life in nature, maybe not, but taking away a pleasurable sport from a lot of people because of one doubt that it might not be pleasurable for the animal is ridiculous I think. Same goes for zoo's and stuff.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes and No. As long as the sport isn't animals disliking.
    If the animal enjoying what it's partaking in, I'm all for it. After all, it's then animals who are the main concern.

Sheep herding and Dog agility is great. The Dog loves it. It's in their instinct.

Equestrian is good too, horses love doing it. Makes the bond stronger between the rider and the horse.

But, bull riding, and bullfighting is just wrong. The animal wants no part of it.

• I knew a guy when I was little that did birthday parties for kids and he had a well trained dog who was mostly there for the kids to play with. I'm fine with that but I'm worried about more professional places since it's known now that Circuses beat the shit out of their animals to obey which isn't cool.

• if they don't harm em... sure y not? ^_^

• No, if they cause the animal distress they shouldn't use them

• Humans are so why not animals.

• If you vote no, that's saying you don't believe any animals should ever be featured in film.

• Yes. Coliseum blood sports.

What Girls Said 4

• No, often these animals are abandoned once they become too dangerous to handle.

Additionally, animals deserve the life they were born to live.

Chimps shouldn't be forced to wear pants and dresses and tigers shouldn't be used as props.

These animals are much more valuable than that and they deserve better.

As for sports, I'm not a fan of horse racing and especially the show jumping.

• No, animals aren't puppets for our entertainment, they are living creatures!

• No just because it's a waste or money and time. Not using animals saves a lot of time and money and helps the environment

• Assuming the sports don't intentionally harm the animals, like in horse/dog racing then yes, I think it's ok