How does this painting make you feel?

it's a current work of the German genius painter Mike Dargas.

How does this painting make you feel?

I won't make a poll, so describe your feelings. for fun.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• Scary as fu** but very very creative the expression in her face.

But If I died my mouth wouldn't be like that unless my girl was naked and I died looking 😂

• I think it's trying to tell me something but I have no idea what that liquid dripping on her face is...
    She's enjoying it th.

Maybe's it's a metaphor for the honey (money) chasing stigma of the female gender?

I don't know. I'm just bullshitting.

• amber. the painting is called "sweet amber".

• Hmmm... amber is a hard translucent fossilized resin produced by trees when they are cut , essentially blood of a tree... and the blood of a tree is dripping over a woman's face... i wonder.

• some of his works are incredible.

but yeah, i don't really "feel" anything from it, more of a curiosity i guess... the painting just looks warm and intriguing

• This makes you brain to work...

It push you away because it is odd but at the same time it has something that triggers you

• The lack of flattening on the side of the face is distracting. Good work creating the illusion of 3 dimensions of the liquid and good detail around the eyes, but more shadow there would make the illusion better. I'm not sure if the splotches of color on the bottom half of the face are reflections of the liquid, but if so, their presence seems hard to explain.

The overall impression I get is one of the ravages of excess, but ravages that aren't regretted.

• Mildly repelled, tbh. It's like much contemporary art, reflective of a kind of deeply ingrained, materialistic sneering misery. It's all shade, little light. Cold.

• come on Levin. I see a level of ecstasy in this. It is not realistic, it is half Surrealistic.

• The oil or melted caramel trickling down her face reminds me that one day, some 1%er will buy this painting for $180,000,000 while jobs should've been created by the trickling down of tax cuts. That's what the Republicans tell us anyway...

• I immediately thought... "Sexy, drugs, porn, sweet"...
    In that order... So, all good thoughts!! Haha

• Maple syrup goes in your mouth, not your ear.

• Is she trying to wax her face or something?

• My thoughts: "dafuq?"

• It makes me feel like if this guy is still out there, he's dangerous, and needs to be stopped

• I have a need for some honey and toast right about now...

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Makes me feel hungry... pancakes time.

• Like justice was served.

• Looks like the money shot!

What Girls Said 5

• confused..

• I feel as tough it is staring at me- it gived me the shivers at the back of my spine; I think mainly because of the yellowish substance running down his face. This spells C-R-E-E-P-Y

• What the heck is that liquid (is it honey?)... Looks really weird, to be honest

• It doesn't arouse anything good in me :)

• Makes me feel really sad.. for her. How pathetic..

• promise me you don't ever go to artschool. okay?

• Why is that?

• Maybe I see something you COULD NEVER. She looks sad... don't expect your inexperienced eyes to catch that though.. go ahead and call me inexperienced. I know what her eyes are saying... even if you don't,