For some reason i have been captivated by Ballet
it seems so beautiful and powerful
Telling a story through dance, something evokes a lot of passion inside me
It also would challenge me athletically, the oise and balance as well as the flexibility and strength to dance for extended periods of time
I would like to start, but have no clue how or where or if i am too old

What are your thoughts on Ballet

Most Helpful Girl

• YES! Ballet is amazing, it really gives you a lot of emotions and satisfactions. I have been dancing since I was a little girl and I honestly would suggest it to anyone.

It's not too late at all. Actually men have it a little easier when it comes to ballet, since you don't have to prepar yourself to get on pointe (which takes a couple of years), your process of learning how to properly dance ballet is quite shorter.
    Of course, it's easier to learn when you're younger, but let's face it, when you're younger everything is easier to learn.

There are many schools with classes for adults who are just starting, which proves that it's never too late. You should search the internet and find some of these schools (maybe with summer classes for beginners), than you can try and see if you like it. They should give you a free pass to 2-3 classes as a start and you could also check out other dance styles if you want to.

What's more beautiful than ballet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkaJqvVuPw

What Girls Said 3

• I love ballet but its def easier to learn when you are very young

They say anyone can learn though, you just have to find a class :)

• Thanks
      have you ever tried ballet?
      is there specific studios for guys?

• Yeah that one is more influenced by ballet!
      Asgeir- King and Cross is totally full ballet tho
      I think you'd like it x)

• i will check it out thanks

• I started at your age and excelled. Women love men who aren't clumsy♡ It helps with other sports as well such as American football.

• that's awesome do it, you can do anything you set your mind to.

What Guys Said 9

• its chill d00d.

if I could have I would have been a fucking male cheerleader back in high school just like the movie Bring It On bahahaa.

• It just does not work for some guys. lol
    http://popdose.com/wp-content/uploads/mrnanny.jpg

• this is a great photo!

• Is that Hulk Hogan and his daughter? That's pretty cool.

• Being martial arts for so long, i can definitely say I admire ballet dancers, so athletic and nimble. I try doing a few jump spinning kicks and what not and I'm tired, they do 100 and barely break a sweat.

• Go for it dude. It doesn't matter what the 'cool guys' say, you only have your life. It sounds cliche but really, follow your dreams.

• Haha! slow down lol! i think i will just stick to the tights
      the pink tutu is not my style bro, but thanks for the encouragment

• Haha, just joking really. But yeah, do it because it makes you happy. Even if it pushes certain people away you will make ballet-friends I'm sure. Good luck!

• if someone calls u "gay" just tell him 2 shut up :)

• lol!! i guess thats the impression it gives off, but i am comfortable enough with my sexuality not to care
      also ballet bros have ballerinas to keep them company lol!

• Yeap. Besides it's not as 'gay' as it once was. It's pretty impressive really. A ballet-couple is cool to watch.

• You're not too old, you're 19
    You should try it out and go to a dance club.

My thoughts, It amazes me that they are so flexible and balance so well on their toes, but I'd personally go for hip hop

• did it for school, classes sadly all the martial arts training I did could not prepare me for this. The stretching hurt way more. and the older you get the harder it is to become flexible.

• I never saw the appeal. of ballet maybe I am missing something

• Its just the atmosphere they create without spoken language
      The orchestral masterpieces accompanied by the dancers just creates such a beautiful experience

You have to see it in person

• I like the strength they have in their limbs

• They are powerful and poised

• Hey ballet is actually one hell of a work out, my friend Natalie does ballet, and he is the biggest guy I know (bigger than anybody on the football team), I mean he is a good 270 ibs of sheer muscle, I would go for it man