Good book recommendations?

I've read most of the well known books but I was wondering if anyone had any obscure book recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Guy

• Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein is a good one. Forget the movie - it's basically a parody of the book which the director admitted he never read.

Let's see... Von Neumann's War by John Ringo is both well-researched and entertaining. Never got into his Posleen series and I'd advise staying far, far, FAR away from the Paladin of Shadows series, but the Troy Rising trilogy is good.

Leviathan Wakes is another good one, they're working on the fifth book in that series along with a high-dollar Syfy show, "The Expanse." In case you haven't deduced it yet, I read a lot of science fiction. 😋

(But seriously, DON'T read "Paladin of Shadows." Google the term "OH JOHN RINGO NO" for an excruciating (yet morbidly amusing) rundown as to why not.)

• Oh, have a few more!

"The Ring of Charon." Two thoughts echoed in his head, one incredible, the other simply insane. Larry Chao had destroyed the Earth. And somehow, Simon Raphael was going to see to it that it came out of Larry's pay.

Also "Rally Cry" by William R. Forstchen. First book in a long series which is decent as a standalone read.

What Guys Said 9

• What kind of books do you like?
    I can reccomend a book i am reading now, i kind of like it so far...

its a mystery book, involving a private investigator, searching for a missing man, whos lover let him die... or did he die? i haven't gotten that far lol!

• Pirates of Pensacola by Keith Thomson
    The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    The Dancer Upstairs by Nicholas Shakespeare
    The short stories "A Study in Emerald" and "October in the Chair" by Neil Gaiman, which can be found in the book Fragile Things.

• I don't know how obscure these are:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    The Princess Bride
    The House of the Scorpion

First three that came to my head.

• I recommand you to read the night watch followed by the day watch and twilight watch
    en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Night_Watch_(Lukyanenko_novel)

• I just got done reading one called Dave vs Monsters by John Birmingham. I found it at in the cheap section at the grocery store and it was really good, better than I thought it was going to be. I recommend it highly

• We can suggest anything. What kind of books do you prefer? What themes?

• I particularly enjoy fantasy and science fiction but I'm open to most genres with the exception of any horror/thriller/mystery (I don't do well with scary).

• I enjoy reading history most of the time but also read some fantasy for a change. The only one's I got is
      Silmarillion, The Hobbit, Darth Plagueis (Star Wars) and some other I can't remember now but those here are my favourites.
      I highly recommend Darth Plagueis if you like science fiction combined with politics, corruption, plotting, assassinations, greed for power. You will finish it in less than a week.

• Clive Barker's Weave World. Great book

Stephen King - The Stand or It

• A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

You're welcome.

• On the road by Jack Kerouac

What Girls Said 7

• "The Assasins Aprentice" by Robin Hobb is the first book of my favorite series.

it's set in a somewhat fantasy medical times, (and has suprising gender equality). The author very intractly explains certain realitive points about the world, political, cultural, geographical, and historical without going overboard and getting boring.

The characters are all well developed and fairly we'll rounded. There are quite a few twists and turns that make you never put the book down.

The story centers around a young boy named Fitz, who is the bastard son of king in waiting. Who is then forced to give up his title. Fitz goes on to be trained in secret as an assasin, so he can be useful to the king and that's where the story really beings to take off. The book starts when he a young child, but continues until he's an adolescent, and he faces many hardships he bears out of loyalty to his family and the crown. The story is also very expressive about the emotions of the main character, something not commonly seen with the emotionless male sterio type. Also the story only gets better after the first book. The books aren't terribly thick, only about 800 pages. Also it gets fairly dark because supposedly Fitz's very existence is an anomaly, bringing great change in his time by the small actions he does havering consciences on a greater scale. Basically a domino effect. Any ways it's a great read and I highly recommend it. I could talk all day about it ☺️☺️☺️. Sorry if this came out a little ranty

• Try the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. Amazing book

• I don't know your taste in books but I loved Me Before You by Jojo Moyers and the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)

• obscure? not really..
    but Dan Brown as an author (if you like mystery)
    and Game of Thrones

• I love Game of Thrones (both the book & show) so any recommendations for other books/series like that? And I'm not a huge fan of mystery...

• I love the kingkiller chronicles so I'll have to check the other out!

• Awesome :) teell me how it goes!

• Have you read books that have been turned into movies?
    Some really good books are Maze runner, hunger games, and Harry Potter are all ones I recommend if you haven't read them.
    The hoppit, and lord of the rings are also great books but take a little time to get going.

Sorry I don't know that many good not so popular books but I recommend NOT watching the movies for these, and reading the books. I think the're much better.

• Depends on what your into really...

• The outlander series is good. They're big books roughly 800-1500 ish pages per book but you race through them. It's always taken me about 3 days to read them.

Game of thrones is pretty good too, once again they are big books.

Both outlander and game of thrones are tv series. So you can watch them to get a clue as to whether you wanna read them or not.

• I love GOT (both the books & show) so I'll have to check Outlander out!

• Awesome! Let me know what you think?