What is a movie you think is overrated?

Personally for me it's Grease. It's a classic and a good movie don't get me wrong, but It is overrated. I grew up in a small town where the Fifties culture and Grease were a common theme in school plays, choir concerts, Dress up days at school, and the seniors even had a fifties themed dance. I think it shows a overrated view of the fifties although it does show it was not like "Leave It To Beaver" or "Andy Griffith". What movie do you find most overrated?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• Scarface. Good god I hated that film so much. The acting was sickening, from Pacino but especially from Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.

Just because the film had Al Pacino in it doesn't mean it's automatically supposed to be great - although he is in fact one of my favourites. This film to me was just assumed to be great because it starred Pacino and had some famous violent scenes and harsh one-liners "say hello to my little friend", but it's contrived and in my opinion wasn't done very well at all.

• Mean Girls.
    It's entertaining, but very overrated in my opinion.

• Paranormal Activity
    50 Shades of Grey
    Frozen
    She is the Man
    Fast Furious 7
    Mean Girls
    Twighlight series
    Harry Potter series
    Titanic

• Paranormal activity those movies are not scary at all I think everyone in the theater that they showed during the previews were just on drugs.

• or paid off

• They used all kinds of gimmicks in the fifties till the seventies for horror movies (i. e: putting buzzers under seats, fake nurses doing blood pressure checks, 3d glasses, etc...)

• Yeah, true.
      I don't understand why everyone was screaming in the movie theater while watching it. LOL.

• 2|1
  • I think titanic and notebook are overrated for romance movies.

• Pirates of the Caribbean after the first!

• The Fault in our Stars

• I don't know

• Little Fockers because meet the Fockers was better

• Although George Clooney was the leading actor Tomorrowland disappointed me

• Ex machina. You know the robot is bad but the people just don't see it

• The lion king.

What Guys Said 11

• Hunger Games. It is vastly overrated because Jennifer Lawrence is popular.

How can Katniss be some kind of feminist hero when all she does is moan, refuse to help the fight against an evil regime, switch from one guy to another and let the guys do the work?

The third film was empty really. I forgot most of it. The second was good though.

The Hobbit was one book stretched to 3 films to cash in on LOTR nostalgia.

• Avatar. Don't get me wrong, its a great LOOKING movie, but the movie itself was just... disappointing.

• Nearly every superhero movie ever made. Especially the Dark Knight.

• captain America is overrated in my opion

• Avatar - -

• I have to say the Harry Potter films. Sure they were good, but the books were a lot better. In the films, it seemed like they were rushing to film it, especially after number 3.

• godfather Casablanca

• Frozen. I know even as a child I would have found it boring and predictable

• The Lion King

• lord of the rings and pirates of the caribbean, both shitty.

• maybe fifty shades of grey or white house down