Star Wars or Star Trek?

I'm Star Wars all the way, never liked Star Trek

• Star Wars
  • Star Trek

Most Helpful Guy

• Star Trek is very hit or miss (mostly miss). It's got some great ideas, but the space utopia (built on ethnic cleansing and genetic tinkering though it may be) is kind of a boring and alienating concept. Some of the films are good though. I adore Undiscovered Country. The kilingons in it are glorious.

Star Wars is just fun. Combine western in space, with the timelessness of the Hero's Journey and a few good sammurai influences and you have a modern fairytale. And the universe was fleshed out so interestingly, with lots of fun aliens and planet, and a nice interesting evil empire. Everyone loves a good evil empire with all those nice uniforms, and theme tunes.

• I really liked in star wars the concept of light and dark and how it relates to real world, dark is strong at first but is the fat easy way out that eats away at you, and light being the slower paced and more humbling but more fulfilled, also the fall from grace of Anakin being him making all the wrong choices for the right reasons like saving padme,

it also tells a story of condemnation and redemption too but I shoudnt go all out

• Fair enough. To be honest I don't hate the prequels all that much besides the first (It doesn't add anything when you watch the whole series together, and the amount of ham fisted comedy is just too much.
      While I hated the Clone Wars movie with a passion (and the first season or so) I was actually really impressed hoe much the series grew up across it's run time. Some of the multi episodial plot line, such as the Mandalore plot, explore the universe, and the issues of the prequels as a whole, far better than the films had time for.
      We also get to see the Jedi on normal missions a bit. Escorting polital envoys. Investigating minor terrorism. etc etc.
      I also Think Rebels might have a chance... At least it's nice to see a series explore the Galactime Empire era universe, and it's fun how many of the designs (such as the big guy and the scout stormtroopers in the series) are pulled from abandoned concept art for the origional trillogy.

How do you feel about the other films and Series? :p

• Actually the clone wars starts to get pretty dark and sad near the end of the series, betrayal, conspiracies etc, the rebels it's well interesting to say the least it connects the clone wars to the classic era and has a lot of interesting stuff, and some characters from the clone wars actually.

What Girls Said 3

• I like both but Star Wars is my favorite franchise of all time, I'm biased as fuck so... there's my vote.

• Star Trek FTW!!!

• GET OUT

• Nah, you wish. :P

• I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Lando Calrissian being a boss in Star Wars

• I"ve fallen asleep plenty of times watching Star Trek.

What Guys Said 15

• Star Wars all the way lol, my father went to see it 9 times in a row when it first came out haha, the cycle will continue once the force awakens comes to theaters.

• I enjoy them both. They're both good for different reasons. They're both sci-fi but that's where the similarities end. I love Star Trek for delving into culture, philosophy, and exploration. It really talks about the big questions and the original Star Trek show was incredibly progressive for its time. Star Wars is more an action packed mythological epic. I love Star Wars because it makes you think anything is possible.

Both really appeal to me in different ways.

• Star Wars I am going to see it Christmas night

• They're both great, but I think I might have to give the edge to Star Trek. Who knows though? Maybe the new not-involving-George-Lucas trilogy might change that. JJ Abrams = Science fiction GENIUS!

• Depends on the generation your from, I always liked Star Trek but that's all there was before I saw Star Wars in the movie theater when it first came out in 1977

• Never saw any of the Star Wars movies all the way through. So I guess by default Star Trek since I have seen a couple of those in their entirety

• Star Trek is amazing but the story of Star Wars is just to enchanting and pleasing to not choose it...

Star Wars!

• I haven't really seen either. There's no poll option for that :/

• You must set aside about 17-18 hours to watch all 6 Star Wars then. GO NOW

• I'm pretty sure its a required general education corse at this point so yeah. And also Star Wars gets a bad rep from really geeky fans they're actually deep stories with good action not geeky at all... un

• like Star Trek.. okay I'm joking there

• ooo i love both, but star wars is my first love

• Bruh.

STAR WARS!

• Star Trek all the way

• star wars. i refuse to wear one of those gay outfits in star trek.

• Both are good, but Star Wars is best.

• Star Wars all the way.

• Star Trek is too preachy.