Is it true that the songs we hear repeatedly always reflect how we really feel?

So i mean could someone know a person's current psychological status by listeninng to their best song to which they are addicted?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case yes. I lost someone close to me a while back and the song i often play is called , " i still miss you" the lyrics reflect exactly how i am feeling.

I guess sometimes we can't express how we are feeling so we either consciously or subconsciously play song to help convey how we feel at that moment

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn if this is true then I really am deranged lol

• So you say i can't know how a person's feeling by reading the lyrics of their best current song? Too bad :(

• It's a possibility but only to those that have a deeper understanding to music and lyrics...

What Girls Said 2

• I believe so, yeah.

• It could be true.

What Guys Said 2

• If that's right, then my feelings
    are silent, since most songs I keep on repeat
    has no lyrics. ^.^

• I prefer songs that provoke feelings, rather than suggest how to feel. It seems that you feel something and it is a pretty big deal.

• Not me. Actually i'm talking about a girl. I'm very interested in her but ended up harshly rejecting and ignoring her because i have a girlfriend. She was hurt and the song she's addicted to is a song of a hurt person that kind of reflects the things that happened between me and her. I can't get her out of my mind but i don't wanna cheat.

• One step at a time. You're obviously sensitive to what both girls feel.