What type of music do you think is going to replace hip hop as the main stream music?

so in the 50's and 60's we had soul, blues and rock and roll. then in late 60's to early 90's we had hard or "Classic rock". then we got into rap from late 80's to I would say up to 2010. and then hip hop and pop took over today. so what do you think is the next form of music to take the main stage?

Most Helpful Guy

• Music evolves and changes over time. Future music will be some kind of blend of current and past music. Maybe with a few innovations that catch on.

The direction it goes will largely depend on the next generation and whatever happens to be popular with them. It could be almost anything. The music that's popular now will probably stick around, but it will be lower profile, with something else getting all the attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pop...
    ...

What Guys Said 5

• We got into rap from the 80's? Mainstream in 80's was pop (Michael Jackson, for instance), hard rock (Metallica, for instance), and hip-hop (The Beastie Boys, for instance). Rap didn't really get popular and mainstream until the early 2000s.

• Pop has been... well, popular... since the 70s or so.

• I only hope it's pioneered by black people.

• I didn't realize hip hop was the main stream music. I thought country, and pop continued to out sell hip hop. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get in my area.

• ummm hip hop isn't that popular today. Its rap and pop.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh god tgat horrible K-pop or techno