Books or movies? Which do you like better and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Movies.
    They're faster, visuals can be breathtakingly stunning, seeing and hearing an actors subtle expression changes, voice cracking, it's more involving.
    I've cried from sad books once or twice, but it's one thing to read something sad and another to experience he empathy of watching and hearing a character go through an emotional scene. Even non emotional scenes. I've teared up just from being in awe of a powerful scene. Sometimes just the music makes me cry tears of happiness.
    I can't get that from a book.
    I also just love seeing effects and moods in movies. A tim burton stop motion movie would probably translate horribly into a book lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually movies, sometimes books.

What Girls Said 9

• I can't pick just one! Different stories fit different mediums

• Books.
    They create a world which you help build in your head.

Movies are less of an effort.

• Books. I have a wild imagination. The way imagery from books come to life in my mind is better than movies all the time.

• I like books. I can use my imagination and it'll be fine.
    But there's soooo much they can mess up in movies.

• Movies
    I love to hear and see the story

• Books because of more detail but movies because of the easier visualization

• Well in general I prefer books, they have more details and more room for imagination.
    But a movie only takes a few hours to watch and you can actually see the characters one to life on screen.
    So there's things I like about both...

• *come to life

• books because... books

• I prefer movies, I don't read much

What Guys Said 1

• Depends on the movie and depends on the book, both have merit and I love both.