Do you prefer a male or female singing voice?

Just a heads up, this isn't about which is BETTER. It's about which one you PREFER.

• I prefer male singing voices
  • I prefer female singing voices
  • Can't decide :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn... that's a tough one. I love the deep male voice which could make shivers crawl up my spine, but I also love the color some of the female voices can offer to my ears. It just depends on the song, I suppose, so it's a tie between the two.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both.

I can't imagine a girl singing Walk by Foo Fighters and me enjoying it and then I can't imagine a guy singing Blank Space by Taylor Swift and me enjoying it too.

What Girls Said 14

• I can't decide. I really think it depends on the song. Some songs sound better with a female voice, others with a male.

The only genre I can think of where men sounds better in general tends to be rap. I know some pretty good female rappers but I still prefer a male rapping voice. It sounds more powerful. And since female's voices tend to have a higher pitch, if they try to sound too powerful it might just sound a bit shrieky and annoying. Ironically though I don't really listen to rap at all so none of this really matters to me lol.

• I can't decide, I like both. Sometimes I'm in the mood for some female lead singer bands, other times male. Sometimes no voices at all, just instruments.

• I mean, to just enjoy the sound of an amazing voice, I'll take anyone who can sing well, and if I want to sing along, I prefer women with low ranges to match me, but the voices that are the most mesmerizing? A beautiful baritone is the most beautiful sound in the world.

• Male singing voice. There are many female singers, who have really beautiful voice, but I just checked my music library in my phone. I have male singers songs more than female singers..😳

• I think female singers sound better. I don't like male voices unless they are high pitched.

• I largely prefer male singing voices.

• Christina Aguilera will always be my girl, so female voice <3

• I like male singing voices much better. Like if I like a song I would like it more with a male voice. I don't know why

• I've always preferred female, or higher voices in general which could be understood as female before you realise the original singer is male. But if the song is good enough I'll listen to anything.

• I'd have to go with male.

• I prefer the dudes

• Depends on the music. My favorite music is rhythm and blues and I prefer women singers.

• I... Like both. >_>
    Can't decide.. D:

• I have more male singers on my ipod so I prefer the males.

What Guys Said 20

• Depends. When it comes to Rap, I prefer male voices. When it comes to EDM I prefer women.
    So it's 50-50.

• I really can't decide.

It's all about what mood I'm in
    what I feel like listening to.

.. can I pick my own voice? ^.~

• It depends on the song and style, I can't stand most females singing rap or hip-hop.
    I also wouldn't listen to a male sing songs similar to Taylor swifts songs.

• Its weird.. i prefer female singers in Asian musics and male singer in American music. I guess i could relate more to the music i listen to in English and the female voice in Asian music juz keeps arousing meh over and over again ☺️☺️☺️

• That's a toughie. Two of my favorite songs r female songs… but then again there's a shit ton of good male voices out there…

peg me for undecided

• Male because I can actually sing along.

• Both are good, sometimes a womans voice is softer though

• Female for Electronic music. Then its pretty split otherwise.

• Women tend to have a softer tone of voice so that's why I prefer their singing.

• Female unless it Country then both my 2 favorite country singer were Billy Ray and Hannah Montana when she was a teen not what she is now

• Both are great at their own place...

• Both can be great

• Female vocalists for me. Woman voice is the thing : ))

• I don't care. As long as it's good music, I'll listen.

• rock - male
    pop -female
    reggae-male
    jazz - female

i usually listened to those four..

• Depends on music and song. But i prefer a male because i will be copying it later when i sing.

• i like both brdua

• It depends upon the words, lol.

• I, prefer, a, female, singing, voice

• I like both.