Do you feel the music we listen to says a lot about who we are?

like it gives us some kind of identity?

• Yes i do feel strongly that music says a lot about who we are
  • I somewhat feel that music says a lot about who we are
  • I don't agree with that
  • I feel thats not true in the slightest

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it can give insight on common emotions or how we may be feeling mainly. I think a lot of people do identify themselves as a role a music genre may project. I'm more interested in the emotion and feeling part of music rather than the roles tied to it.

What Girls Said 6

• Not really. I mean, if someone only knows me by my music taste they will probably think I'm a metalhead xD

• The music i listen to says nothing about me.

• I don't really know :/

• Hmm good question :) I usually listen to quite upbeat happy songs and I'd say I'm generally a happy person. I listen to so many genres of music though, it's not like I identify with one particular style. I usually match the song to my mood. So somewhat I guess music can say a lot about who we are.

• Yup, but, I guess it also depends on one's mood too.

What Guys Said 6

• I want to say "yes, it absolutely does," but I don't necessarily think it's true for all people.

All I know is that I'm very well in-tune with what I like musically... but I do often wonder what (or if) it means anything for myself, if that makes sense...

• I strongly believe that people's taste in music
    say a lo about them.. however, it's not like a guide..

It doesn't reveal everything. ^.^

• Sorta but not really... I think it's more so we say who we are with the music we like... but way maybe that's just egoism setting in ha
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1lB42RjZs0A

• No, I just think it tells you what type of music a person is into but that's about where it stops.

• I like middle Eastern folk music, especially arabic flamenco. What's the quick capsule review of me and my personality?
    Says something, perhaps, for instance the kind of musicwe like, but that is pretty much it.

• Somewhat yeah.