The Beatles or The Monkees?

Which do you prefer, the Beatles or the Monkees. And out of the two bands, which band/cast-member was your favourite?

• The Beatles
  • The Monkees
I can't believe no one has a favourite band member!!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't everyone love John more. I love John more.
    And I prefer the Beatles to The Monkees.
    The Zombies had great melodies too.

• I thought I liked John until I saw the film "Lennon Naked". There we saw the good, bad, and ugly of John Lennon and as much as he had a vision, he had a terrible way of treating some key people in his life, notably Paul McCartney who was his partner in crime and helped him achieve his goals and he was awful to his son Julian. There's a scene where he leaves Cynthia and Julian is outside playing and kicks a ball to him and he gives it a harsh kick and makes Julian run after it and he just turns tail and leaves without saying anything. Kind of broke my heart that he would treat his own boy that way. :(

I have developed more of a liking for Ringo, and have since I saw A Hard Day's Night. I think Ringo stole the whole show. He was so naturally funny and quirky.

• That part was about at the 45 min mark.

• Oh John. :/
      Thanks for mhg by the way.

What Guys Said 10

• 1. Vote 'A' - The Beatles
    2. Favs are John Lennon & Paul McCartney (And I love her - sigh)

• Both were good, but I prefered the beatles, I'm not a big fan of John, nothing specific , he had a lot of talent. I prefered Paul ,
    but they are not my favorite British Band , I'm a Uriah Heep fan , voice and lyrics , little know by many , but their song and lyrics resonated me for me and my thoughts at the time.. They are mostly all togeher for a New Tour starting in Russia, I know where there.

• The Beatles

• Neither. Both were highly overrated, completely created by the media, and barely had a shred of talent.

• I know tons of beatles songs, but only a few monkees songs. so beatles it is!

• oh band members, definitely John Lennon and Paul Mcartney

• Beatles never heard of Monkees
    No preference in band member I just like the songs.

• I like Ringo Starr a lot :) he just sits there, playing the drums like a boss, looking like a boss.

• I liked both, I did think the Monkees kinda had a more Countryish feel to them though

• Led Zeppelin

• THE BEACHBOYS

What Girls Said 4

• I feel The Beatles are more interesting musically. They had an awesome producer.

• The Beatles. Never heard of the other one.

• Beatlessss! I'd probably have to go with Paul McCartney as my favorite :)

• The Beatles although their music is overrated