Who plays Sherlock Holmes the best? Robert Downey Jr., Benedict Cumberbatch, or Jonny Lee Miller?

Of the three actors currently portarying Sherlock Holmes, who do you think is doing it the best?

Robert Downey Jr...

Benedict Cumberbatch...

... or Jonny Lee Miller...

• Robert Downey Jr.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Jonny Lee Miller

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think anyone of them actually conveyed the atmosphere that you actually feel from the character in the original novel, and I have read all Sherlock novels.

But if I have to choose, it is between Downey Jr. and Cumberbatch. But I guess the edge goes to Robert Downey.

But still, none of them really! xD

• I like all three, but I think Benedict Cumberbatch is the best one!

• I'm more of a Downey fan here. I haven't watched enough of the Sherlock series to make an sound call on Cumberbatch. I'd like to though.

• Oh, definitely Benedict Cumberbatch. =)

• Benedict, because if sherlock were real, he'd be just as awkward and intelligent. Downey is good and sexy, but he doesn't fit the authentic image of sherlock.

What Guys Said 8

• None of them are so good as Basil Rathbone in the old ones.. the intense almost psychotic single mindedness... the new ones are too stable, too self assured!

• I've watched all of them bar the first season of Elementary (Jonny Lee Miller) and I think that one is the best. Maybe it's been too long since I saw a new Sherlock by Cumberbatch but in my opinion, Jonny Lee Miller was the best. Cumberbatch a close second and Robert Downey Jr. third.

• I like Johnny miller but I'm very interested to see Ian McKellens movie

• I didn't know he'd played him before. That would be interesting to see.

• Of the current ones Benedict Cumberbatch.
    But if you want to go old school definitely Jeremy Brett.

• Benedict Cumberbatch no question.

Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man and he should stick to that role.
    As for Jonny Lee Miller, you can't take a Brit out of London put him in New York and expect it to have the same British charm.

• The actor from the old films.

• Well I guess RDJ's version of the character is the closest to the books. I'd have o go with Benedict Cumberbatch though.

• Jeremy Brett was the best Sherlock Holmes of all times: jeremybrett.info/.../Colour_Holmes%20(99).jpg