What book (or wich movie) would you recommend to everyone?

We all have this one book (or sometimes movie) that has had a larger impact on our lives than any other. For me it's Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer (book and movie, you should read/watch both). What book (/movie) changed your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not much into movies, but there is one book that changed me a lot. It's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach. It's rather short one, so I read it from time to time when I feel down and it helps me to find some strength to carry on. Tho I don't think it's a book for everyone. Most would find it naive and odd, and few would see a true meaning for themselves behing the story. Few lucky ones.
    “Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.” (c) JLS

What Girls Said 6

• I don't really think my tastes apply to everyone. I have a diverse taste in genres, so depending on the person I'll recommend something I think they might like. It might not be for everyone, though.

For example, my younger sister is unaware of classic literature. She wanted to try one, so I recommended Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. She couldn't get through the book, but I showed her the 2005 movie and she loved it. So I decided to suggest the Seth Grahame-Smith mashup novel "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" and she liked that one. She wanted more movies like P&P, so I suggested Jane Eyre, Memoirs of a Geisha, and Mansfield Park, and she liked those.

So it depends. If I know someone enjoys action movies with some comedy, I'll suggest the Fifth Element or Kung Fu Hustle. For comic book movies I'll suggest a few I enjoyed and show them the graphic novels or interested story arc in the comics.

• American Gods is a great book i'd suggest for everyone to read. The writing itself is just that great, it really makes you appreciate the art of it.

But otherwise I'm really enjoying The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

• American Gods was on my shortlist for this question.👍

• I would recommend this
    www.impawards.com/.../good_will_hunting_xxlg.jpg
    This movie really made a great impact in my life

For a book
    Up from Slavery by Booker T. Washington
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../..._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• For an easy funny series; Series of unfortunate events by lemony snicket

for a good cry/ heart felt book try: Looking for Alaska by John Green

a religious book: Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds

Poetry: Love and misadventures by Lang Leav

• Borat I guess

• Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

What Guys Said 5

• I'd recommend the movie Cache and the book The Diamond Age.

They're not my all-time favorites, but I still think about them years later.

• which" and I would recommend reading any terry Pratchett books.

• The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. Just read it.

• Dark tower. Dark tower all day every day

• So many, so many. In recent years 'Thinking Fast and Slow' and 'The Righteous Mind' left a strong impression.