Is going to a club alone a bad idea?

I am wondering if It would be a bad idea for me to go alone to a club. There's someone playing and my friend bailed out on me on the last minute. I love the celebrity that's playing and it's my birthday but I'm worried about going alone. And I'm also super socially awkward and I don't want to look like a pathetic loser. I just figured there would be a lot of people there so I could blend in with the crowd. I would have to take a taxi home. I don't have a phone atm so I would have to bring my boyfriends if he even let's me. We have a kid so I kind of can't bring my boyfriend with me. And finding a babysitter is pricey and almost impossible.

• no not a good idea
  • I don't see why not it's your bday

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think it's good idea to take a friend with you ,

Most Helpful Girl

• It's Your Big day in a Huge way, however, going to This Club Pub may Get you More Attention than you would care to have as part of your own Gala, even With... Blend in with the crowd.
    I'm not trying to be too personal as to Ask where is this 'Boyfriend' on your Special day today? With Other guys with eyes at the bash and band 'Last minute,' if you should go Anyways, you will find that you are Not Alone of course but also Find that Many will be hitting and spitting and wanting to join in on your Slap Happy parade. Perhaps you could Continue to find a friend who would love to share and care tonite.
    Good luck and Happy Birthday. xxoo

What Guys Said 17

• Do you have problems in your relationship now? If you go to a meat market on your birthday without your boyfriend, things will get worse.

• Uhm to be honest yeah. I more so go to dress up and dance and have a good time. I love the music. Guys are more of an irritation than anything at the clubs but I found someone to go with :)

• Make you boyfriend go it's you birthday but I would really avoid it as you would be a prime CANDIDATE for date rape and other crimes if you went alone

• Clubs became dangerous places, especially for women. I'm sorry to say but I'd really really really take someone with you, just in case, you never know. But nevertheless : Enjoy 😉.

• iF YOUR A GIRL. NO. If your a guy. Most likely yes.

• That sucks , goin to club and sitting alone sipping beer , just find a partner to go with by the way , happy birthday!

• It's always better to have another person spot you incase things go awry. If you go missing at least your friend knows and can alert the authorities.

• It's pretty dangerous to go out alone to a club as a woman. Predators notice a girl who has no one to look out for her. I know as a feminine presenting guy I'd never risk it. Maybe you could buy some nice drinks and have a night in with your boyfriend? Then go out for a repeat birthday when others are available.

• If its about a celebrity you like then go for it. I went to a Sabaton concert last January alone too. Yes it looks weird, but I was glad to see other people there alone except me.

• I've done it before, maybe you'd be a little more scared being a woman by herself... bring pepper spray?

• If you can get his phone and be careful sounds good. You won't look like a loser plenty of people go to clubs alone to dance and meet up with friends later, or just have fun by themselves.

• Find a friend, it's you bday, you should be with friends/family not alone.

• You should go with a friend, it could be good

But its potentially very dangerous

• No, it's fine. You might want to bring a gun with you though to stay safe.

• How are you going out, if you can't afford a babysitter?

• If she can't afford a babysitter, how is she going out?

She should be able to afford both at the same time. Remember, your number one priority when you have a kid, is your kid, NOT YOURSELF

• I'm just sayin', you should not be going out, if you can't even afford a babysitter

• You're a fucking tard, asshole

• girl its 2015 you do you and go out and be faboulus and just have fun come on you go sister

• Why would it be a bad idea? I often go alone to clubs...

• Why would it be bad, I sometimes go alone too!!! It's cool and fun to dance and have fun. Stupid question.

What Girls Said 9

• Ugh, my inner woman is dying to have to say no on this one, but clubs have their issues which we all know, and its just a good idea to go with at least one other person. It's your friggin' birthday (Happy Birthday btw:), I hate to be like, where are your friends at, but come on, there has to be someone willing to get turnt up with you on your special day?

• It's fine, as long as you try not to make yourself stand out too much (which shouldn't even really be a problem anyway). Just get a decent buzz going and try to take it easy.

• I don't think a woman going alone is a good idea due to the fact that you would have to be sober to responsibly drive yourself home and that it sucks being alone on your B-Day.

• Like a big dance nightclub? You should sit near the bartender, so you can see the drink being poured in front of you. Obviously don't accept drinks. It would be more fun to have a friend, but as for safety levels it requires common sense. Don't get drunk, don't accept drinks, make sure you're in a good spot where its bright and people can spot you if you get in trouble. There may be security guards there, and there will be surveillance cameras. Overall, is it actually worth it?

• Just don't get drunk and be careful. Use common sense and you'll be fine

• Definitely NOT a good idea.

• Don't do it!!!

• Not a good idea!

• I also would be tempted but after a few been there done thats... not much good came out of it, felt even more lonely and those that approach are not "big brother" types, quite the reverse.. thus far.

Some friend that bailed Soooooo
    I would begin to think a semi-stranger from work/school/church would good enough to drag along & I would pay his/her cover charge (but they pay their own drinks).