I posted a picture of me cosplaying and now I'm worried I might seem lame now?

So I recently went to an anime convention just for fun and decided to cosplay! It was a lot of fun seeing all these people being themselves or acting like a character and enjoying their fandom as well as all the booths and artists.
I've always loved anime and comics and super hero stuff but I don't really talk about it with anyone because a lot of people aren't really into it... and usually the ones that are sit on their laptops all day in my school and play rpg...
Anyways I decided to go with a friend to con for the experience and it was really fun. I posted a pic of me and another cosplayer. Everyone was surprised that I "liked" that kind of stuff.
I'm a little self conscious now because I feel like I've let a secret out about myself and that now I'm labeled "geek" even though it's just a portion of the things I'm into.
What do I do?
And what do guys think about girls who are into that stuff? Or if you saw a picture of a girl in cosplay who you know from school or somewhere. What would you think?
Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls who do cosplay tend to be very intelligent and interesting. They also tend to be better looking than average.

I think there's never anything wrong with being exactly who you are. If cosplay's a part of that, then great. The people who matter won't mind and the people who mind won't matter.

So keep rocking that cosplay outfit. Good luck.

What Guys Said 5

• You wrote this TEXT for this little question? Anyways... sigh.. I would be like "Isnt this [name]?" and then approach her and then just chatting and tell her that I like the costume if I like it and if I dont I just tell her that I respect what she does and that she should keep it up.

• Any guy who labels you as a geek for liking anime and cosplay wasn't compatible with you anyway. So if anything, your just weeding out all the losers who don't like anime 😜

Me, personally. If i saw a girl in a cute anime costume, I'd like her ten times more 😍

• I am all for people cosplaying. I have been to a few conventions, even own a Leon Kennedy leather jacket. I think its a great fun thing to do ad a great way to meet other people who share the same hobbies and likes as you.
    If you dont mind me asking who'd you cosplay as?

• Hoo hoo boy... Jaysus.

• I wonder if she would where that to the bedroom

What Girls Said 2

• I think it is fun and a nice way to meet people who share the same interests, but again I am an Anime fan.

I don't think you should care about what some people think; everyone has their likes and interests. This is you; if they don't like it, cool. You are not there to impress everyone.

• Why should you care what people think? Do what you want and be proud of it!! People will admire your confidence and even if they say horrible things - so what? Why should you be made to hide the real you because of societal conventions, be you!! And so what if boys don't like it? That's exactly what they are boys, not men - men are mature and accept girls for who they are!