Which symphony did the original version of Romeo And Juliet Overture?

I'm trying to find the original version of Romeo And Juliet Overture by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, I want to know which symphony did the original version? It's the best in my opinion and I want it on CD.

Here is the original version:

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that particular recording was done by Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic, but it's hard to tell. The speed and tone sound almost identical, though. I think this recording was made in 1988, but it's not the very first one made. This is available on CD.

• It's VERY close, I'll take it! This is the best version I've heard of Romeo And Juliet Overture because the instruments are more pronounced, the newer versions are a bit too mellow. Thanks very much!

• You're welcome. It's hard to find specific recordings of any classical piece, because there are multiple versions done by multiple orchestras or performers and they all sound similar (obviously), unless there is more information to go on.

The very first recording of this piece (what I would consider the original) was made in September 1928 by Leopold Stokowski and the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0