Do You Think More Recent Music Is Over-hyped?

In comparison to music produced from the 50s to the 80s and before then, I've felt that newer music is more lacking in feeling, lyrical content, melodies, chord changes, etc. Do you prefer a certain era? Why? No judging just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely agree with. It seems to me that today's music is all about butts, boobs, money and other things that are irrelevant. It makes no sense. And the majority of singers do use auto tune.

I like the 80's and early 2000's music. 80's songs were meaningful and had good melodies. Plus, nobody did use auto tune back then.
    As for early 00's they remind me of good times.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like the 80's have been "coming back" in recent years, if you will, and in a very big way! Some of the best elements of what made up 80's Prog/Arena/New Age are really showing through in the Alternative scene as of late. It's great!

One thing I would love to see more of though is some actual, Prog/Arena rock but more "modern" sounding. A band that is really capable of pushing some boundaries, giving you chills, and knocking you off your feet with some insane solos, timing and tempo changes... That would be sick. A couple band do come to mind that really (kind of) pull it off, but at the same time they both still kinda miss the mark, in an area or two, in my opinion. The stuff that they put out is still really awesome though, no doubt... don't get me wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah music today sucks. I much prefer older music by a longshot.

• The music nowadays can't hold a candle to the music of the 60's and 70's.

• Yeah I really do.

What Guys Said 2

• @bubbletrouble music these days sux? Well lemme show u what i had in store for u baby 👄
    http://youtu.be/8XPNt8il7ds

• I was reading that the main reason lots of people don't like Nickelback, is overexposure. Yeah, OK, so, they're not THAT great butttt, I mean, they're not that bad either