Gamers do you like other music genres except video-game music?

I’m askin gamers ONLY on this question…. and by gamers I don’t mean just casual gamers…but regulars at least… :)

I just wanna check if those rumors r true…I’ve noticed a few times gamers like ONLY video-game music…is this true?

So if u r a gamer do u listen to other music genres xcept video-game music?

• i like other music genres as well
  • i like only video-game music
not any gal gamer here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely like other genres :P My boyfriend likes more video game music than me, though it's still not his favourite genre, but I barely listen to any.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like almost every genre. When I used to be a small kid, I used to like only electronic tones of the Nintendo games

For example :-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPIijXue1k
    (MegaMan 3 Title)
    but as I grown up, the games started to feature original soundtracks consisting of rap, metal, reggae. Especially in racing games. Games like FIFA and other sports games (being international games) covers various genres and it influenced my taste a lot. RPGs helped in instrumental.

Pop is the only genre which doesn't present in games that much but still I like it a lot. :) Some action/adventure or sandbox games have it.

This maybe true that some people like ONLY game music but I started playing games when I was 5 and used to spend 10+ hours a day. Now, I'm in college so I minimised it. It's just a matter of taste. :)

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• i used to love 8-bit as a kid... like this music played on first pokemon games if u remember,... :)

as for RPG music i never liked it tbh... but most games were featurin hip-hop genres as far as i remember... and sometimes electronic genres (like Wipeout)...

• gotcha :D

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 14

• Of course but it depends on what you define as video game music. Many games actually play real music that you'd hear on radio. In fact, my liking for 80's and 90's pop, as well as rock grew out of me playing GTA Vice CIty and GTA SanAndreas. If it weren't for those two, I dunno what my taste would have been.
    I have grown a recent liking for the music found in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The tone and everything in it is just da best for me. Give me dem feels.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus
    And even though I have never played any Metal Gear Solid game (I would like to), but somehow the MGS theme song, I think, is one of da best singe theme song out there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVCD1dsnJI

• I actually don't really like the music in video unless it's like grand theft auto where it's actual recording artist

• same here... especially in RPG... never liked it.. :|

• Of course, I like electronic music, especially 80's and 90's ;)

• I barely listen to music... I like many video games music, but I can't consider them the only ones I like.

• i remember this dat u don't listen to music much... ;p

a hero... :P

• Yeah, many would call me hero xD

• I use my headphones when I'm playing games. Or I use the Music Player feature on my PS4.

• ... Well yes. What?
    If anything I'm really against the whole "lol retro 8 bit music woaaaah xDDD" craze. That shit's irritating.

• O yeah I like Jazz, Classic Pop, Classical, Classic Rock, some Modern Rock and a few other genres.

• since when was this a thing, wut. I like old school music, disco, jazz, soul/funk and especially hip hop.

• Of course. I listen to metal and hip hop.

• I like other genres too, mainly oldies, rock and metal

• Yep I do. I mainly listen to hip hop and classic rock.

• The very fact that you just used the term "video game music" makes me want to sue you.

• Nope I love Beck's shit, classic 80s rock, and some extra songs.

• I listen to lots of types of music