Jared Leto as Joker? I think this decision is horrible. What do you think about new Jokers appearance?

Heath ledgers and Jack nicholsons joker was way more better then this I think.

Jared Leto is bad decision. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember seeing a picture somewhere with Jared Leto with his shirt off and showing his muscles.

I remember thinking, "since when the fuck was Joker known for having muscles?"

Like, I'm glad Leto's in shape, but was showing that picture supposed to do anything for a character that has had a long history of using his brain and his psychotic mentality to fight Batman? Hell, if anything, rarely has he ever been depicted as being anywhere NEAR Batman's fighting skill (let's face it, few people are, the dude studied like 120 martial arts styles).

What Girls Said 13

• I'm feeling hopeful. I remember thinking Heath Ledger was a bad decision until I actually saw his performance, so maybe Leto will surprise us all? I definitely don't want to compare his Joker to anyone else's though. If he does a good job, he does a good job, regardless of which past version I might prefer.

• +1 Heath Ledger did surprise us all. He did a great job, he gave a brilliant performance

• I love how much inspiration he took from Tom Waits in interviews, I mean he had the voice, the mannerisms, everything. He blew me away.

• I think it looks great. People don't like it because it's new and can't open their mind to new interpretations.
    Everyone said he same thing about Heath because all he had was "creepy face paint" and wasn't dipped in acid.
    I am so excited for it I think he looks creepy and scary and it's a really fresh take, especially so soon after the iconic version in dark knight

• Fans are the absolute worst when it comes to franchise movies. Everyone always has something negative to say, but you can't judge a movie by its stills when you have neither seen, nor experienced the movie in its entirety. He may well turn out to be awful, but at least let the movie play before you're like I hate it.

• From the stills I've seen - he looks like a good choice! =)
    I haven't seen the movie yet, so when I do I'll be able to really judge the choice much better.

• Jared Leto all the way! He's awesome!!

• I don't really like Jared Leto at all, and I definitely don't like him as the Joker :/

• Ledger will always be my joker, I don't care who they hire from now on, to me they will never be THE joker.

With that said, Im fine with Jared Leto being a joker, Im not gonna judge before I've seen his performance.

• RESPECT A BIG RESPECT

• I would like to add, that I hope they remove those god awful tattoos. The joker is a mad genius, he wouldn't get a "ha ha ha" tattoo, or a joker skull, that is so hurtfully unimaginative. Overall I don't like the look they gave him, it's like they tried too hard to be crazy, but the result is just dull and predictable.

• I think there is that one and true Joker which was Heath Ledger. I haven't seen suicide squad (as it is out in 2016) but saw a few pictures of Leto with that blue hair and bad teeth. I am remaining optimistic despite its terrible title name and bland trailer. However they are giving the crazy little villains a shot, its bound to be surprisingly good. As long as there is an easy storyline to follow and not a childish movie, got to be a punch to it!.

• He looks cool as fuck. I'm very satisfied.

• Jared Leto comes across as soft so I can see why people don't want to see him in that role.

• Who cares? Ben Affleck is the new Batman, it cannot get worse than that...

• He really has been stepping up his game lately. No more Raindeer Games bs. Argo was a real achievement for him in both acting and directing. And he wasn't always bad either, dazed and confused had a really good performance from him.

... definitely not my first choice though tbh. But i think he'll get it right enough.

• not a good thing...

• They'll put enough costumes and makeup on him that it will work in the end

What Guys Said 19

• I think it's not a bad choizzzeee cuz der izz nuhh zingle 'Joker'.. He variezz throughout de yearss and series. In suicide squadddd, the joker is a psychopath.. Ya mean?

cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/.../Leto-Joker.jpg

img.pandawhale.com/...f-the-joker-meme-I-3C8b.jpeg

But yass man Jack Nicholson iz a betta joker (butt he iz oldd as fack, he's almost like an oil now) and I think der could be some1 bettazz dan Jared Leto but who Dawgg? Who? Who?

• haaha well it seems to hard to make that decision before seeing him in action. Jared Leto is a great actor so I'm interested to see what he does

I think it's hard to top the past two but then again I'm sure plenty thought no one could top the Joker from the old TV show... I'll certainly give it a chance and hope for the best

• Joker won't be central in Suicide Squad. He will be a Team Member. The Joker is all around crazy, his background concisely makes it clear he's loopy, his mind has been warped, and he's out to create chaos. His appearance has changed from what else has been seen on film but not unlike what's been developed in Batman Beyond and the like. I think it's funny that he has tattoos saying, "HA HA", on his body, that's hilarious. It'll be interesting.
    Directors have had their own vision concerning Batman's block, Schumacher with deliberately gay undertones, Chis Nolan taking on social critical realism (the fan theory on Joker being an Iraq War veteran in Dark Knight doesn't sound far off), and now this guy David Ayer who worked with Keanu Reeves in Street Kings.
    Will Smith as Deadshot is cool. Good thing he's not a "mainstream" character, or else people would have discourse like they did for Elba playing a Norse God.

• Watch the trailer. He's gonna be part of Harley's backstory and possibly the antagonist as Harley is going to be one of the protagonists.

This is a theory but i think deadshot and Harley will both be protagonists.

• At least it's not as bad as this rendition of The Joker:

images2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Thebatmanjoker1.gif

• Might I suggest Mark Hamill? I mean he was the Joker at one time and he has proven he can play a demented and or insane villain type role.

And yeah both those guys were better then Jared Leto.

• I don't think most people know how many versions of the Joker there have been. He's had so many different attitudes and characteristics as imagined by so many authors.

Heath ledger had his own thing, that's not the end all be all of jokers.

Leto is method and he's got great chops with a great track record. The movie has very vivid themes and visual style. It'll be good, don't worry so much.

.. see? I didn't even say "why so serious"

• I think he's a really good Joker. But I think the criticism is a mix of "h8ers gonna h8" and the risks that come with having so many incarnations of a popular character.

• I like his portrayal so far. They're taking the joker to an even darker level than ledgers. Back to when he was actually chemically disfigured. There are rumours that he will kill robin in the suicide squad movie. Each actor has brought their own variation, I personally like all of them

• I am hopeful that he'll do alright. I won't judge it until after the movie comes out, but I have to say I got excited when I saw the trailer.

• No pic again?

• I hate it , it's not the best and they made his hair wayyyy brighter than it should be they made him look like more in the comics but I would have suggested johnny Depp for the role je would have did it perfectly

• But he might suprised us remember all the people hated heath ledger as the joker but when he did it he mastered it we will have to wait and judge

• I have seen a few pictures and I think he looks alright, but its not the looks that make the Joker, its the crazy

• I could care less.

• I think it could work out. He doesn't seem that out of place

• The entire line up of actors for that movie are horrible it's like batman and robin all over again

• We can't judge him. let's just check out his performance then see if we change our minds or nah

• I think he'll be good. Not that I care about comic book stuff.

• I think Leto's Joker is just the first of many disappointments this movie has in store for us.

• Well yeah of course Heath and Jack's are better, but why should they make the Joker like them? Why do a repeat of them? I like this new Joker. Some of the appearance I've not too fond of but I like this Joker.