I want to create a WhatsApp account but?

once I validate my cell phone... will they use my cell phone number for the app-meaning; when i text other people through whatsapp will my REAL number show up? or will whatsapp make up a random number?

The point is, i dont want whatsapp to expose my real number to the people i message through the app.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, your real number will show up because Whatsapp is based on your phone number only not your id

• so when i text the other person through whatsapp, my number will show up?

• yes, if the person didn't have your number on their contact, but if they already have your number instead of your number, your name will appear.

• Thanks for picked me as MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see what can go so wrong with giving your number to someone you want to chat with...

• i dont want them to know it. will my number come out?

• To add someone that you want to talk to you're gonna have to give them your number.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't talk to someone through this unless you give them your number.
    Why?
    Who were you planning on talking to?

What Guys Said 2

• The real number will shoe up.. but wait use some other app becz its is ranked 2nd in the worlds most insecure apps.

• Yes it's your real number why would they make up a random number.
    I been using for years
    It's your user name that comes up anyway.

• so if i add another person on whatsapp, will they only see my user name or my cell phone too?

• Your user name if they're in your contact list not sure if not in you list and a new number you just sent a message to.