Do you enjoy music of unknown languages?

I can. Lyrics don't matter & I don't have to understand song as long as music & voice is good.

What is the best song that you like but don't understand a single thing in it?
Note: No Gangnam Style! :P

• Yes I do
  • No I don't

Most Helpful Girl

• i like j-pop, k-pop, and nancy ajram

sometimes, i'll search for English translations and depending how the lyrics are i may like the song more or less. i find that japanese have deep lyrics

Most Helpful Guy

• I REALLY enjoyed Anna German's voice in the War Thunder song "Victory is Ours."

What Girls Said 9

• YES OH MY GOSH.

bailando by enrique is great. so is adios by ricky martin.

anything Spanish gets to me. i understand arabic but i LOVEEE arabic music too. the beats r just ones u cannot resist dancing to.

• Yeah I like Arabic music too and I can't understand it hahaha

• ok good lol!

LOL wow u got it all planned out!

• Lol nothing is planned. It's obvious. If people comes closer to me then "I don't like wedding ceremonies" is one of first things they'd know. Every person comes with instruction manual :P

• 'RETOUR A VEGA' --The Stills It's one of the listed songs on the motion picture film "Wicker Park" (2004) soundtrack album starring *Josh Hartnett * (these are French lyrics) P. S. ~ This is not only a beautiful song, but an Awesome movie as well for all the hopeless romantics out there! And what's not to love about the verrrry sexxy Josh Hartnett! No, Seriously.

• Lyrics matter a great deal. I can enjoy it, but I know I can never enjoy it fully until I understand it fully.
    Only if they're instrumentals then I can enjoy it fully.

• Lyrics also matter a lot to me but only in English & other languages I can understand. In any other languages I am fine with anything :D

• I have no clue what it's called, but there's an Afrikaans song that's been on the radio a lot recently :P

• Yeah I love it!
    I do not understand any Danish. But I love listening Danish songs. It is just beautiful :)

• nope.. i don't really listen to songs i cannot understand..

• yeah I like some kpop, Bollywood and Arabic songs

• its actually weird its like i know what the fuck they are talking about

• Para siempre by CD9 and Abraham Mateo. I don't speak Spanish but it's really catchy.

What Guys Said 18

• Not just I love them, I can sing a few even tho I don't know word to word translation. :)

●Tigarah - Girl fight (Japanese)
    ●Cabas - La Cadena de Oro (Spanish)
    ●Persephone's Bees - Muzika Dlya Fil'ma (Bosnian or French)
    ●Outlandish - Kom-igen (Swedish)
    ●Daddy Yankee - Gasolina
    ●Enrique Iglesias - Bailando
    ●Ricky Martin - Besos de Fuego/Jaleo/Juramento/Livin la Vida Loca/Maria/Tal Vez
    ●Saeed Panter - Rad Daade Maghzam (Yoruba or Arabic maybe)
    ●Shakira - Waka waka
    ●Sean Paul songs lol they're in English but I don't understand what he's saying but still I love it! :D

• Only if the sound or tune is cool and catchy. I have no idea what he's saying but this song is cool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKrVB5f2W0

• Yeah I can. I've been in KTV's in china, Taiwan, singing karaoke in mandarin, but I don't speak a word. As long as the music catches my ear, im good with it.

• being born and raised in a non English speaking western culture (germany) i was allways used to listen to music i don´t understand.

it was only later when i learned English, that i learned to appreciate the lyrics as well. i usually still don´t listen to the lyrics at first.

• I enjoy much sung in Latin, one of the lost ancient languages it is quite beautiful and mesmerizing when sang.

• Yep, I've been bumping this song for years now though half of it is in Somali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAYvjOzh1ag

• Yeah bro there's a lot of music I'll listen to that's in another language. Just because it's in another language don't mean I can't enjoy the music

• The guitar is CLEAN
    http://youtu.be/2dSGCzeuPlA

• this lol 😄
    Aashiqui 2 - Tum Hi Ho (Arabic Cover) - Jasim - ft. Adel Ebrahim & FuRa

Khaled - C'Est La Vie

• 0|1
  • Yes I do.
    I only recently started paying attention to a song lyrics, I always cared more about the melody.

• Hmmm, I have a few exceptions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-SyYrpg2c

• I really don't care about the language. I don't listen to the text, even if I understand the language so it doesn't matter to me. It just has to sound good

• Yes I do! I listen to Spanish, french, russian, korean, japanese, and so on

• A lot of music I listen to is in foreign or you just can't make out the lyrics. Not a problem for me.

• I do. But I always have to search the lyrics.

• Bailando and Lego

• Yes, of course, I prefer music that is not in my language.