What country do you think produces the best music?

For me it's either the US or Great Britain, but I'll go with Great Britain because they produce the best bands.

Most Helpful Guy

• With the USA and the UK, there is a "special relationship" musically as well as politically.

The blues musicians, sometimes obscure in the USA, definitely influenced a whole generation of British musicians, who in turn "invaded" America in the 1960's, and brought us Metal in the 1970's.

In turn, the UK punk rock left a very lasting impression on my generation, and for a time in the 1980s and 1990s it seemed almost mandatory for what were then called "modern rock" or "new wave" radio stations in the USA to have at least one DJ or announcer from England on their payroll, and ideally two or even three.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I agree it's the USA and the UK, followed by maybe Canada and Japan.

• It really is either the U. S. or England. Today though, there is no country making the best music. Most of it is all garbage.

• This depends entirely on the genre of music and which era you're on about

70s and 80s was all UK

nowadays in my opinion 98% of the music being produced now is so crap regardless of the country of origin

• I'd say the United States.

• Since Queen is gone I have to say the US

• italy, turkey, usa, uk and greece

• US, England, Canada, Japan, Korea, Mexico

• Nah, you're not even considering Germany or the other powerhouse electronica countries.

• uk fillerrrrr

What Girls Said 3

• i say the US

• For me its both.

• Sweden for certain.