Is Halo 5 worth getting anymore after hearing that they decided to remove local/offline splitcreen multiplayer for better graphics?

I'm a guy who first owned a PS4 long before he bought himself an Xbox One about 2 months ago. My reasons of buying the Xbox One console was mainly for Halo 5 and I just pre-ordered it too. But after recently hearing that 343 Studios and Microsoft decided to get rid of the offline co-op and splitscreen multiplayer for higher fps rate, I decided to reconsider even getting the game and cancel my pre-order. It just isn't Halo anymore without splitscreen multiplayer, which is one of the big things that made the whole Halo franchise great.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-halo-5-has-no-split-screen-at-all/1100-6429212/

• Yes
  • No

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's stupid and annoying that the trend is away from couch multi's and seems like the halo franchise is gone down a notch since 363 took over, so all in all, i'd still say yes.

• Tell me about it. I wish Microsoft would get rid of 343 Industries and get Bungie back. Halo just isn't the same anymore without Bungie. Since I've already paid very good money for an Xbox One: Halo Master Chief Collection bundle console, I might as well go look for another Xbox One exclusive that is hopefully promising.

• I didn't like MCC and I loved Halo through Halo 3. It's a damn crying shame. I enjoyed the hell out of destiny up until Crota dlc which ruined that for me.

• Cooperative gameplay has always been a core element in Halo. If they're taking it out, fuck it. Just get Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.