Do you prefer music with male or female vocalists?

I definitely prefer the male vocalists.

• Male
    37% (19)38% (23)38% (42)Vote
  • Female
    10% (5)17% (10)14% (15)Vote
  • Both equally /don't care
    53% (27)45% (27)48% (54)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
20|40

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly like both. Some days I enjoy listening to some male lead bands/singers (like Empire of the Sun, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Depeche Mode, John Legend, Nirvana, Queen, Muse, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, New Order)

https://youtu.be/qyipPXE3Ijw

and other days I love listening to some female lead bands/singers (like Austra, Eurythmics, FKA Twigs, Ladytron, Florence + the Machine, Paramore, Fleetwood Mac, Portishead, Peaches, Sade, Björk, Metric)

https://youtu.be/z_BSfkTFQ4M

Sometimes there's a duet, like the Voltaire Twins.

https://youtu.be/Bw4vS9pqt1k

And other times I don't want any singers at all, and will just listen to instrumental music. But I listen to music all the time, many hours of the day! :)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 39

• I prefer male vocals. Females tend to do more pop and such, and I am more of a rock person. 😎 I think the deeper bass and roughness in the male voice suits rock more than female. I'm not particularly opposed to female vocals, but I just happen to find and like more songs with male vocals.

Though sometimes you get the weird hybrid voices that bridge the gap between male and female, like in the song Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups. :O
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYd57rkvnpQ

2|0
    0|0
  • I love a great female vocalist (like Aretha Franklin, Lucinda Williams, Billy Holiday, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin) and those who are great peformers or lyricists (such as Carol King, Blondie, Joan Baez)

1|0
    0|0
  • Strongly depends on the music I'm listening to
    like, my favourite singer is a woman, but there're
    pieces of music that may be odd, with a female vocalist.

Yeah? ^.^

I mean, they could probably pull it off, but it'd
    sound entirely different, to the original.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the type of song. I always liked more upbeat songs and rock songs to be better sung by guys. But more serious or kind of Noir mystery serious darker songs (I don't really know how to explain it) are better by girls. The song "In the Air Tonight" is originally sung by a guy but I love the Kelly Sweet cover of that song more than the original.

1|1
    0|0
  • When it comes to Rap, I prefer male voices, but when it comes to EDM I prefer women's.
    So I chose option C.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally much prefer male over female. There are some female artists I really like but generally speaking male. Most female vocalists really annoy me, something about their pitch and tone.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the song and beat.
    I can appreciate both but some songs really do sound much better with a certain gender singing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Female, and in fact, in EDM female vocalists are so preferred there's actually whole sub genres dedicated to it, such as "Female Vocal Chillstep".

1|1
    0|0
  • definitely male vocalists... I don't know why, but i think most female vocalists sound the same.. the few exceptions always stand out!
    Amy Winehouse, Lana del Rey and Adele all stood out because they didn't sound like every other girl

1|0
    0|0
  • I like both equally. Of course it also depends on the type of music. Modern pop sounds better with male singers. Chorus and lullabies sound better with female vocalists.

1|0
    0|0
  • I must admit I prefer the female vocals mainly on dance tracks.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's more of whether I like the artist or not, not whether they're male or female...

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm really surprised that guys don't prefer female vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56J4v8MWPw

1|0
    0|0
  • Male, since I can relate more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer female vocalists, especially when it comes to electronic music (my favorite).

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the genre. For Electronic music im partial to female vocalists. For Rock - male. Rap - male. Pop - either works. Its pretty mixed. For the most part I like both.

1|0
    0|0
  • All 3 options.

1|0
    0|0
  • The bands that I like the most happen to have male vocalists, but I like lots of bands with female vocalists.

1|0
    0|0
  • Male, purely if it's music I want to sing along to. It's just easier to get in key. Now just listening to it, doesn't matter as long as they have a voice a personally like. Doesn't seem to happen often in the genre I listen to the most, for female vocalist that is. Though when it does, I'll listen happily.

1|0
    0|0
  • Freddy fucking Mercury. Nuff said.

2|0
    0|1
  • Mainly male but some females are really eloquent.°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°°_°
    °_°

1|0
    0|0
  • I love singing along with the male singers but if a female is singing it and either gender can sing it I'll sing with the woman! Christian music is different! I'll sing along to EVERY single Christian song!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love female vocals so much more, but I also mostly listen to electronic stuff and I think they just fit better

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. But mostly, male because I love to listen to music and sing at the same time. However, I prefer female voices when I get emotional.

1|0
    0|0
  • Male, because I can for the most part easily match them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm a Rocker, I listen to more male vocalists, but I have nothing against female vocalists. In fact, Stevie Nicks and Heart have always been some of my favourite rock artists.

1|0
    0|0
  • No preference i can rock out to t swift matty healey justin bieber or fith harmony 💁🏻

1|0
    0|0
  • I think kt's best to have a mixture. I like bands with a female vocalists but more because it's a rare thing. If it was every band it would soon get old.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't really matter if they're good. If they're average then female vocalists are more bearable.

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite singer is male, but some of my favorite songs are female.

I don't know

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• strangely I prefer male... maybe because when I sing along i sound like the prettier version of the song? haha I don't know. .. Or maybe because masculine sounds are more appealing to my senses? 😬 I do like female songs... like this song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVyqK2IW_g
    I really like her voice... but i hate the chorus! it's so annoying.. yet the beginning is so beautiful...

I prefer male voices ❤️

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care? a good song is good no matter who sings it.

But this guy has an interesting voice.
    Definitely one of my favorite anime openings! ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SpyQ67GyPc

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really mind as long as they have a good decent voice and the song has meaning, then I will listen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nooo! I accidentally voted "female"...
    Singing. Is. Made. For. Males.
    I just can't stand hearing females sing. Their voices are either too squeaky or just loud n annoying y'know
    I'm a sucker for guys who can sing <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer male voice. Guys with deep voices are my weakness. Lol. I have male artist songs in my music player more than female artist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both equally - as long as they're good.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like both equally

1|0
    0|0
  • Male, honestly.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love both, but if i had to pick one, I'd pick male because they have a better range with their falsetto, which women don't really have (aside from whistle notes).

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me as long as they sing well and I like their voice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Preferably male but most of the time I'm fine with either.

1|0
    0|0
  • The males...

1|0
    0|0
  • i like both

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to like to listin to both male vocalists and female vocolists and now I like to just listin to male vocolists cause I think the guys have better singing voices then girls

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer male vocalists as well, but the best thing is when one male & one female do a duet <3

2|0
    0|0
  • I prefer both lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Male so when my tone deaf ass tries to sing along I can pretend it's not so bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends... mainly male, but for symphonic metal I like female vocalists or a combination.

1|0
    0|0
  • I accidentally vote b. I think male vocalist are more talented. Most female vocalist/singer only sells her body/face (not in a sexual way). Like for example nicky minaj, taylor swift, selena gomez.

2|0
    0|0