Are you a cat or dog person? or neither? and why?

0|0
7|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an animal person in general. I love pets and always quick to pet dogs or cats. Being a man, it's not uncommon for people to be sometimes puzzled (it's usually girls who play with pets not really guys :P ). Nevertheless, between dogs vs cats its tough.

For love and affection, I'd choose a dog. Downsides are that they demand much more affection and financial costs typically compared to cats. With cats, they're usually cheaper and easier to maintain because they're so independent. Almost all feline species, from tigers, to cheetahs, to cats are all very independent. The only true social cat is the lion.

I can relate to cats heavily because they're so independent and don't really need anyone to survive. They are nearly self reliant for almost everything. Additionally, I don't really have to worry too much about a cat, whereas with a dog I have to be wary. The trade off of course is that cats are typically assholes according to my female friend. She has a very pretty black cat with green eyes and is extremely friendly which is very rare to find according to her.

Overall, deciding between which animal to choose depends on my current and future circumstances. If I have enough money and time, I'd choose a dog. If I was limited in money and time I'd choose a cat. Believe it or not I'm going to be making a decision soon as I will be graduating from college and moving on to grad school. It will be my first pet ever so I am very excited, but it will be about a year or two...

1|0
    0|0
    • youve never had a pet before? :o youve missed half your life! i grew up with dogs... we always had one or two, and if one died, wed just get a new one, we had cats too, but i never liked them much tbh, they were annoying, always rubbing up on my legs... and sometimes theyd scratch me for no reason

• Show All

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I really do love both.

I used to be strictly a dog person, but then I got introduced to cats in a previous relationship, and I grew to love them too. And I even ended up adopting a black one from a local shelter.

I'd still very much like to adopt a dog, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a cat person.. but I have a dog.. ^.^

I say cat person because I find them
    intriguing more so than I do, dogs.

But dogs are more.. uhm.. people friendly?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a dog person, although I have two rabbits at home.
    I love a dog's loyalty and understanding in his / her owner.
    Man's Best Friend, and then some :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I love both but I gotta side with dogs. I grew up with newfoundlands.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both.. I like them both!

1|0
    0|0
    • I only had cats though, but my friends their dogs are really awesome, small ones, big ones,
      They're also cuddlish

• I'm more of a dog person, but to be honest, I'm more of a people's person - good people , anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont like both, frankly speaking

1|0
    0|0
  • I like animals but have none

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• neither. i dont like fur :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a dog person, I love cats too, but dogs are dogs xD. I just love how they are so playful and happy all the time, is always fun to be around them, specially the big ones. They are so loyal and it doesn't matter how your day was, they always put a smile on your face. Dogs are just awesome <3

1|1
    0|0
  • Cat. =)
    But I like cats and dogs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am both. An animal lover overall

1|0
    0|0
  • both but if i had to choose, dog

1|0
    0|0
  • Dog, because I've always had dogs and love being able to do things with them.

1|0
    0|0