What do you think about caitlyn jenner?

• she's a hero
  • she's a freak
  • she's neither

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither. Just a man that wanted to become a woman and thanks to money he (now she) did it.
    I applaud her for being strong and doing that, but labeling her as a hero is going waaaay too far, and it belittles the actual heroes out there.

• you call him a her but HE still has a Y chromosome

he is more a eunuch, than he is a woman

• @aliencreature well, your name isn't in your DNA and you expect people to call you by it.
      If you tell people to call you Batman, they'll end up calling you that.

• no they won't. its the same if i tried to call myself "viper" or "the B man". and of course its not in my DNA, thats the point. i could call myself batman and run around in hockey pants but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what i self identify with because ultimately unless i run wayne industries and have ninja training then i'm lying to myself. its more than just looking the part, its being that, inherently. just like that scene from the dark knight, whats the difference? "i'm not wearing hockey pants". Or in Jenners case, "my vagina is not a superficial facade created by stapled mutilated scrotum remains" which may be a more poignant distinction.

What Girls Said 22

• She's a murderer that's for sure. She gets in a car accident, kills someone, and people forget about that because she's some big "hero" in the LGBT community. Had anyone else gotten into a car crash and killed someone they'd be doing a life sentence. Now, I can see how Jazz from "I am Jazz" is a young hero in the LGBT community, but I don't think Bruce/Cailyn Jenner should be getting the positive attention he/she is knowing that they've killed someone. I just don't like it. ;T

• Agreed with everything you said but is it difficult for you to call a trans person by their preferred name?

• How long does it take for you to except some out of the blue change thrown at you by a person? Imagine you knowing your brother or sister their whole lives by one name, and then one day they up and change it to another. It'll take you a while to get use to right? It would take some time before you're use to calling them the name they wish to be called.

• No and how self centred and seemingly heartless of others feelings, she has become while talking to the kardashian girls and Kris. She certainly is bruce with a something extra.. she got attitude that you may only have from living a female life so large and so late in life... bruce was a sporting hero im not sure what caitlynn is but i wouldn't say hero

• She's trashy.

• She's someone who struggled for a long time with who she is and she's finally able to be her true self. Good for her. I hope she uses her position to bring positive awareness to this and hopefully it becomes more accepting and ok. I wouldn't call her a hero though but she is brave.

• She is just a human being. İ think nothing about her.

• I think that she is exploiting herself for more money and media attention.
    It's funny how far some people will go for it.

• That entire family is trashy except maybe kendall. I thought she was a hero to the LGBT community at first but her reason for being against gay marriage and the fact she killed someone made me change my opinion. I think she should be in jail and everyone should stop paying attention to that family.

• Neither in my opinion.

I am all for LGBT rights, I don't even think it should be a question. I support people coming out as gay, trans, bi, etc. It DOES take bravery.

But I don't see her as a hero. She's just one trans person out of so many and honestly she does a bad job being the "spokeswoman" of the trans community. She has made hypocritical remarks regarding gay marriage and she comes off as very sheltered and self centered and happily unaware of the problems less fortunate trans people face.

I'm just not a fan.

She's not a freak.

She's not a hero.

She's just another trans person. Trans people are... just people.

• I think she's a hero to a lot of transgender individuals (and probably many other people), but she's just a regular person to me.

• What's up with all the thumbs down Lls?

• I have no idea. I'm assuming that people either misread this as me seeing Caitlyn as a hero (which I clearly stated that I don't), or they don't like the fact that some do view her as one (I can't control who people choose to look-up to).

• Neither, how's changing you're body makes you a hero?

• I think she was once a hero, an Olympic hero. She was then dragged into the Kardashian fame-crazed succubus machine that makes real heroes (doctors, nurses, surgeons, vets, veterans etc) nameless (in most cases) and gives the salary they deserve to anyone with the surname Kardashian or Jenner.

• Neither, she is just a person that happens to have been a man, and is now a woman. But at the same time happens to be a celebrity.

• She's pretty.

Other than that, not much. I'm not involved.

• Lol that South Park PC episode 😆🏆

• with the dolphin XD yeah thats exactly what i think of when i hear about "caitlyn"

• Why not? Everything is directed at people on Tumblr. Twilight and Justin Bieber is directed at emotionally naïve girls on Tumblr, Hunger Games is directed at slightly less naïve girls on Tumblr and... well, that's it.

Maybe people are just trying to wind up tweens..

• @Riverock this makes sense. Conspiracies.

• I don't understand it but whatever. he's not hurting anyone.

• What is there to think?

Didn't care about her before.
    Damn sure don't care about her now.

Irrelevant is the word.

• nether this she slash he person whatever this person is a freak

• I don't at all mind her changing sex, that's completely fine by me. I just think she is an asshole and a hypocrite for being against gay marriage.

• she's just a normal person.

• who gives a shit

• neither i guess. don't really have an opinion on it lol

• *he's a freak. To me it a mental illness like anorexia or body disformia.

• you're probally jealous that caitlyn is probally better looking then you

• @stevephillips706 oh burn (sarcasm Intended)

What Guys Said 16

• I am of the belief that you cannot change your gender or sex. They are the same thing. You can't change your ethnicity just because you want to, you are born that way. I think he has a psychological condition that makes him feel better while he is "female". Its not that he was born with the wrong gender. That makes no sense whatsoever. Wearing makeup, taking hormones and having boobs does not make you a female. That idea that it is "normal" should not be forced down people's throats. I mean, he can do what he wants its a free country. But don't make me have to believe that it is normal or that I have to accept him as a "her" now.

• You mean bruce Jenner

• He killed a person by dangerous driving and gets away with it scoot free. Shows how the rich and famous get away with crime.
    As for the whole body transformation its his business I couldn't care less.

• dysphoria should be treated with acceptance, not of yourself as a woman, but of yourself as a man, which is how you were born, its who you are, whether you want to admit that or not. it wasn't any different with michael jackson, the more he resorted to body modification to try to convince the world he was something he's not, the more he got sucked into this spiral of self hate and craving attention to fill this void in his heart--but at least with jackson people could admit that he was severely disturbed, in the case of transexuals it has been commonplace to preach this PC kind of "tolerance" which really is a poisonous idea because what it really means is being intolerant to those who do not allow this mental dysfunction to flourish like a weed, and its really the truth, post op transexuals have a attempted suicide rate of over 60%, thats horrible, thats unethical, and you might as well be killing them so for that reason medically assisted castration is no less ethical than medically assisted suicide, it shouldn't be practiced, and its wrong. do i believe we should be getting these people compassionate treatment? certainly, i think many of them have traumas or some kind of emotional knot inside them that needs to be talked through, but the last thing we need to do is give them attention orplacate their delusions with the idea that its somehow natural because its not. the science says they're not any different hormonally, the science says whether they are homo or heterosexual might be biological and while everyone is free to pursue whatever identity they choose, ultimately until genetic manipulation is capable of replacing your Y chromosome with an X chromosome (which is currently extremely illegal to even attempt) you will never transcend being a man in the dress and the changes made will only be superficial, and if its truly about the person on the inside, which is what everyone claims this is about, then it shouldn't matter whether you wear a dress or a suit or jeans and a tshirt, its not about who you feel you should have been born as, but who you are as a person and ironically thats the part being overlooked. i know bruce jenner wants people to see him as a beautiful person but he's not, he's a self absorbed superficial attention whore, and in the act of cutting off his penis he got more support and attention then millions of straight, non transexual men who actually ARE beautiful people have ever had in their entire lifetime, and thats the whole point

• I couldn't care. Whatever makes you happy. But the amount of hype around it is just ridiculous. But then, so is the entire Kardashian franchise. Being called a hero is fine, but the context is wrong. You don't see the other transgenders being hailed as a hero, or that atheist that broke away from religion, or that Muslim who helps a Christian, health worker who got HIV trying to help HIV babies etc (can go on forever) being hailed as heroes the same way as this. It's ridiculous.

• He who is free of sin thy cast the first stone... who am I to judge... but the whole media spotlight and promotion disgusts me.

• The Jenners and Kardashians are shameless fame whores.

• Meh honestly. Just meh, who cares.

• good for her she is giving more attetion to the lgbt community

• I'd hit it.

• she's... a human being

• Neither. Definitely not a hero, and not a freak really, so neither

• As one radio host put it, "Finally, a Kardashian woman who doesn't irritate the hell out of me."

• A pyscho needing pyschotherapy

• I think you misspelled "He's" in vote B, its supposed to say "He's a freak", and referring to him as a female gives away your opinion of him, so I already know you are a supporter of Bruce Jenner's gender transformation, which is a little weird considering Bruce is a man. Biologically he still has a penis, and genetically still has the Y chromosome in his DNA which makes him a male. You can take a bunch of hormones, dress like a woman, and spontaneously grown breasts, but genetically you will always be a male and so that is how I will treat him, you cannot become a female as a male, its not possible with todays technology, so right now they (transgenders) are just men who are very confused, and have too much money to waste on all kinds of crazy hormones just to make themselves someone else.

• Tbh I kind of hate him. He kind of wierds me out. I was worried if I didn't put she I'd he to face a hoard of feminists

• Neither, because he ain't a she.