Has anyone lost some respect for Johnny Depp after he married a girl 23 years younger?

I can't help it. I have.

o. O

• No.
  • Yes.
P. S.
- I was never implying he was 'taking advantage of a young innocent girl' - just saying he isn't as dignified as he used to be.

P. P. S.
Weirdly she was a full on lesbian before she married him. o:O

Most Helpful Guy

• do you blame an aligator for eating meat? xD men will be men.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 36

• A Brazilian actress called Suzana Vieira married a man 30 years younger than her... twice. I didn't lose respect for her, so I didn't lose respect for Johnny Depp. Since they're grown enough to make this decision, I don't mind.

• i don't personally care. I also never really saw johnny depp as a dignified person. he was notorious for trashing hotels, barroom brawls, alcoholism and drug use... not that any of that makes him a bad person but it definitely doesn't make me thing of him as dignified.

• It's as much his her own choice as it is his. Why should one be undeserving of respect over this? You're saying she can't make her own decisions?

• Nah. I didn't say anything about her. I was solely talking about him...
      But yeah, she's sketchy. One minute she's a 100% lesbian and the next she's married to Johnny Depp... Funny.

• Classic example of how some guys think with their D#@k...

• @simplegal123 you're blaming the guy for everything and victimizing a girl for no reason other than she's a girl. She's an adult that made her own decision. Stupid, yes, but her own decision none the less. Neither one of them is any worse than the other.

• he fucking bagged Amber Heard? WOOOOOWWWW!!!

• let me get this straight...

gays are allowed to get married because the supreme court says so and everyone is okay with it as long as their at a legal age.

But marrying at a legal age (even if there is an age gap) despite it being allowed by the same supreme court is wrong.

You earthlings are fked...

• Age is just a number

• If they are both happy then why not? in my opinion she's using him for basic fame and fortune, but you never really know...

• Wasn't as "dignified"? He's an actor, when was he every "dignified"?

Sex and relationships have nothing to do with age. People get together because they like each other, period. If the guy and girl like each other, who cares? I've had sex with a woman 15 years older than me... did that diminish her? She wanted some dick, nothing wrong with that. What did the difference in our ages matter? People should stop worrying about stupid shit like this.

• no, the girl is old enough to take her own decisions and if both want it, why not?

• They're both adults, they can both make their own decisions. And besides, 29 isn't really robbing the cradle, nor is 52 robbing the grave.

• His wife is so hot

• He's married to Amber Heard?
    Increase in Respect ×100000%!!

Just kidding. They're both adults and most importantly its Johnny Depp we're talking about here!

• Both of them are adults and even though I find weird those type of relationships I haven't loose respect for Johnny Depp. What he did Is not something I would do but well , as long they are Ok whit each other who cares.

• why does everyone hate on men who have young girlfriends or wives? as long as they are both legal it is none of our business

• He banged a 29 year old. I think the age difference doesn't matter! Besides he's Johnny dep cmon I love that guy 😂

• Drug addictions surely aren't the problem of losing respect for him. It's him marrying an adult woman who is a lot younger than him which cuts the deal. Kek

• I don't bother judging people like that. If she is happy and he is happy fine. If not I'm not sure how that will negatively affect my our anyone else's life.

• I never respected him on the first place so I couldn't care less

• This just goes to show that it's very normal to desire youth

I've always said, nature never had age restrictions, that is all man made.

I say rock on Johnny depp, pass the joint over

• So you would date a 14 year old then?

• The context your asking is wrong

It's not about 23 years younger as in a boy 25 would date a 2 year old lol... if I'm like 60 hell yea I'd sleep with a girl that's 23

• Really? Its not uncommon so you know ;)

• What's age got to do with it if they both like each other?

• i assume the young lady is willing?

So why the thought of losing respect?

• If I had his appeal, can't say I would pass up the opportunity due to some obscure sense of nobility or whatever...

• Why blame J. Depp? She's after him just for his wealth.

• No I want to give him a high five :D

• What's wrong with all you weirdos? Age is just a number, and even if it was more than that, how would it make a difference?

• No, I never had any respect to begin with. Depp is, and always has been, a loathsome mangina.

• If I looked half as good as depp I would marrry a chick 20 years younger too (if I was his age)

• Not me.
    --

• Amber Heard ;)
    for me that women is the most beautiful women on planet earth

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 18

• They're both over 25 years old, fully able adults capable of making decisions for themselves in all aspects of their lives. It's not like she's a minor or anything.. after a certain age, big age-gaps in relationships lose a lot of significance once both are fully matured and cognitively developed anyway.
    Nope, haven't lost any respect for Johnny Depp.

• Despite my love for him having played my favorite author HST in two movies and being a good friend of the late writer my respect for him had been wavering.

But yes I'm with you. This was the final straw. When I heard the news I thought of other women he had dated, Kate Moss, Winona and realized they were all young stick girls. Sure some people have types but the break up with him and the mother of his children came timed around her 40th birthday. It's not like she let herself go or anything. It seems a bit careless and cruel. And then a girl less than half his age. I don't see what they could have in common.

Peter Sellers also had a thing for women that 'stayed the same age'. Men like that don't respect women in my opinion I'm sorry to say.

• She's of age. So I really don't understand why it would even matter. He's a great actor. His personal life has no effect on me. So no, I have not lost respect for him at all. They are both old enough to know the age gap and what love is. Who are we to judge people based on who they love and choose to spend their lives with?

• I didn't even know about him being married, nevermind the age difference :P But no, not really. It's not something that I would likely choose to do but if they're both happy, then I don't really care.

• Can you, please, report this Q as a duplicate? I made the same one just with a poll.

I wanted to do it, but apparently Asker can't do that to their own Q.

Don't fret - your answer will be transferred to the second Q.

• Thank you. ;)

• Sure, no problem :)

• No, because I don't see someone else's relationship as an appropriate place to assign my opinions to. So long as she's an adult and they love each other, it's all good.

• No because he's still a great actor and she's great as well, they make a really good couple in my opinion, she seems very into him so more power to them. The only thing that'd be a bit weird is the fact that his daughter is like 16, so that makes their marriage very erm.. unique. Anyway, if his daughter doesn't care, why should we. 😊

• No, not at all. Who am I to judge someone else's relationship, so long as both parties are of legal age, I see no problem. As long as they are both happy, good for them! :)

• If she were 20 and he was 43, I would. A 20 year old is still a little naive, but a 29 year old woman is definitely an established adult.

• No, I didn't. It's his life, I have nothing to do with it.
    Plus, it's not like he is married to an underage girl, she's an adult so I see no problem with it.

• No, they look good together,

• his life his choice.. she wasn't forced to get married..

• Johnny looks young. He deserve it.

• I didn't know and don't care. I still think he's a gr8 actor.

• yes I lost some respect for Johnny depp for dating someone that's 29 because I think guys in there 50s and 60s and 40s shouldn't date girls in there 20s but I do like Johnny depp as a actor in movies

• not really. he knows he's hot. why should he marry another 50 year old when he has options?

• Is she over 18? Yes. Then no.

• No, that's his & her choice

• I had no idea about this hahah, but he is still Johny Deep, so...

and they are both old enough to make their own decisions.