What are some fun, interesting, and exciting things to do in or near Chicago?

So, I've lived here in the Chicago area all my life. But when it comes to finding new things to do, I'm stumped. I have plenty to do at home, but I'm thinking more along the lines of places to go and activities to do.

I know that there's several museums to go to, so while that would interest me, I'm trying to find out about things I haven't already considered.

I know that Chicago has several sports teams, and while I might go to games here and there as something to do, I haven't really ever followed professional sports that closely. It's not that I actively dislike it. I'm just interested in other things.

I know there's a lot of restaurants, but I'd like to be able to look back on more interesting memories than simply eating. And while I'm by no means a teetotaler, I don't really like to go to bars all the time. To me, it's just the same old thing over and over. I'd go occasionally but I don't want to get into the rut of that being my only idea. And nightclubs are not for me. I'm a rock n roll guy, I don't do the whole electronic music thing.

Concerts can be nice, but they are kind of bittersweet for me because I'll be there, watching my favorite band and wishing I could do something like that, being good at something and creating cool ideas instead of passively consuming, just standing in the crowd.

Going to see movies can be fun, but again, I'm just watching something else and not really doing much. I'm looking more for ideas on finding something new to think about, doing something active, making memories and stories. Getting some adrenaline and excitement.

Anyway, I don't know what else there is to do here, and I'd love to hear some ideas. It seems to me that Chicago is mostly an indoor city since the weather is pretty cold and gloomy for almost half the year. Maybe I am just overlooking something. Also, feel free to suggest ideas that are within driving distance - even activities or places as far as Wisconsin or Michigan would be fine.

I look forward to hearing some fun suggestions!

Only one more day left to make some summer memories... anyone do anything cool or go anyplace interesting over the weekend?

What Girls Said 1

• you can do @AleDeEurope, he is fun, interesting and exciting

• hardy har har :P but really? No suggestions?

What do you like to do for fun where you live? It doesn't have to be specific to Chicago. Maybe it's something that can be done here too.

• Thanks haha... but in the nicest way possible, other dudes aren't my cup of tea! :P

• It's okay, I wasn't actually tryna pimp him out or anything, just wanted to summon the Chicago man to help out a bored Chicago man.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I've been living here for 2 years, and there are a lot of things to do, but the best are for 21+. The weather is getting worse, so now everything is gonna be indoors except for ice skating and playing with the snow haha
    Check out the website Sosh, they always have a list of things you can do on the week, most are for 21+ but you can find other stuff too if you're not 21 yet.

• Thanks man, I'll check that website out. I'm in my late 20s so the 21+ part is no trouble. Yeah, mostly I just hang out at home, walk or ride my bike, or go visit friends, but I'm just looking for some new ideas.