Did you see this disturbing torture scene in Cars 2?

Cars 2 was probably Pixar's worst production in general. I remember watching that shit a few years ago and we were all like *facepalm*. It's shallow, lacks substance, and just has a lot of random violence and fighting. The story line is not intuitive.

But I was struck most by this horrible torture scene where a car's RPM capacity is severely exceeded which causes eventually it to blow up. It has 4 levels and as you can see in the video, the first level is already red zoning the poor car at about 7,500 rpm...

I saw on other reviews that people were surprised that this was G-rated and I'd agree. Overall, this movie has way too much violence for it to be G-rated. But this torture scene really makes that rating questionable. I heard that some little children were stunned by the movie and some even left early because it was too much for them.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't think the torture was too bad, but the fact that they murdered him (and used the word "kill" so there's no ambiguity about what's going on) at the end was kinda not so G rated in my opinion. I guess they can get away with it since they're just cars but still...

That's unfortunate because I remember the first one being really good. Never saw the second though.

What Girls Said 10

• I never watched Cars 2, but I do know that it was rated extremely poorly, and I guess this is just another indication of the crap quality...

• get over yourself. there's more horrible things happening in this world and those happens for real. these are cartoon cars in a cartoon movie that dosent exsist for real. there's more important matters to be bothered about really. if you didn't like it dont watch it. and if your worried when you hear someones going to watch this movie then just warn them about this certain scene and move on with your fucking life.

• Chill out, I was just asking this in fun.

• Whelp, sound like you enjoy the numerous rape and torture scenes in Game of Thrones.

• so just cause i dont get why people would act like this over a cartoon torture scene in a cartoon movie thats not even for real i seem to like rape and torture scenes in Game of Thrones. which isn't happening for real eithere. Oh whelp. :'''''(

• I think I only saw cars 1 and I think I saw some of cars 2... not a movie I ever really paid mind to. But wow. Didn't know it was like that :/

Thats more PG-13

• Hmm doesn't seem that bad to me but I guess that's because I've been really desensitized to stuff like this after watching movies like Saw and Hostel.

• I'm more surprises that they came up with r the idea of torture in a movie like that. I do think PG would have been a better rating. I didn't like the torture seen that much but other people just said I was being weird about is so I thought I was for awhile.

• I would never watch a kids movie... But that scene was hilarious! Yeah that not for small kids, I would probably cry if I was 5.

• lol, I think PG would have been a better rating but it doesn't seem that bad to me.

• 'Horrible', bwa...

But I was a bit surprised they let someone die like this in such a jolly movie

• I thought I watched Cars 2 but I don't remember this seen in it. This should be like
    PG-13. That's horrible and the fact that he actually said "kill him" is terrible. Don't watch this kids

• Not a fan of cartoon but that sounds bad.. Sign of the times I guess. sigh

What Guys Said 17

• I think Cars 2 was all around pretty ridiculous. I don't even remember this scene. I just remember thinking "what in the world..." throughout most of, if not the entire movie.

• "Did you see this disturbing torture scene" you mean the entire movie?

• Pfft that was nothing. Have you ever seen all the G-rated horror scenes in Brave Little Toaster? This is just one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdZh8a4ZvE

• nah thats fucked RIP
    make it rater PG-13 and add some nitrous abuse and some illegal street racing as well as some parts stealing and chop shops

• it was a reference to the spy life, if you get caught you get dead. and the gas they put in it is what exploded

• It's supposed to be based off of a James Bond type torture it really isn't that bad.

• Film and show ratings always seem to off sometimes. Like family guys is rated PG-14 even though its has a ton of violence and sex in it. by the way I actually liked cars (the first atleast)

• Yeah not cool with all the isis videos out

• It's a car being filled with gas until it explodes. That is not disturbing at all. Also I agree, Cars 2 sucked. I am just astonished that they are making a Cars 3.

• I honestly dont care. There are A LOT of hidden/disturbing things in Disney movies. Some of the jokes go way over kids heads. Maybe it should of been rated PG but i dont see it as something that would scar a kid

• Yeah, I think PG would have been fine. I just thought it was a little much for G.

• Disny movies are filled with subliminal messages and scenes.

Disney isn't all about being sweet. Its about the occult.

• Didn't see the movie just this scene.
    I've seen worse so no it wasn't disturbing.

• if you are shocked by this then you have other issues you need to sort out.

• I don't know any kids who were even phased by this scene.

• Really couldn't careless...

• One word "Disney"

• I like the sex scenes and skipped all the torture stuff.

• YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      please give this bro mho had me rolling in laughter!

• Mmm bananas in my tailpipe feel so exhilarating.