Is the movie "Not without my daughter" any good?

Most Helpful Guy

• In short-yes. It's about an Iranian Islamic doc who lived in Michigan with his wife and young daughter. He's not accustomed to American norms so he decides to take them on "vacation" to Iran an Islamic driven territory. Where he now begins to abuse his wife and tries to keep her by force but she eventually runs away and return to the safe land.

Most Helpful Girl

• All around good film.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it is an excellent film based on a true story, though it is not for the faint of heart by times. If you are triggered by scenes of spousal or child abuse, maybe give it a pass. If facts are important to you, there are really only two scenes that are fabrications. I recall there is a scene with a sandstorm at one point. In reality, there were no sandstorms, although there was some heavy snowfall in the mountains. There is a scene of an attempted rape; this outright did not happen and was likely the studio's addition.

• yeah, it is an excellent movie and is a bit saddening

• I hope that's not a porno! 😜

• The BEST. Watch it but let me warn you that it does get people upset and emotional.

What Girls Said 0