GaG Bookclub: October Suggestions?

@EmpatheticLady @vekin @Yusibear @Maxemeister @Smahala1991 @lifes_curve_ball @zorro8888 @ArabianPwincess197 @cl_517 @lemonlimetime @xHoneyxBeex @Creativesmarts @MissPoirot @lime_rampljuset @SensualScribe @Littlett25 @SirenDep @zell0is0my0name @sherbearee @mskay @MysteriousFlower @BelleGirl21 @Liveyyy @LittleSally @NatashaAnnJames @QueenofSexyFoxes @ixi10 @littlemermaid89 @Omar5881 @existing_not_living @Primarypoo2 @Noxifer626

Hey guys! I hope that all of you who are participating in the September discussion are close to finishing Gone Girl! Looking forward to talking with you guys on the 30th of this month.

I need suggestions from you guys for October's book. Aiming to have one chosen by the start of the discussion, so let"s hear them!

Here are mine:

Alpha-Jasinda Wilder
Room-Emma
Hardwired-Meredith Wild

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Accepting new members?
    currently i am reading Looking for Alaska afterwards i will read paper towns both by john green
    i just finished a thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini it was a fantastic book and it made me cry at least 3 times maybe 4 times
    i plan to read Deliverance from Evil by frances hill. since it is a book on the salem witch trials i will be reading during the month of October to get myself in the Halloween spirit.

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 17

• I'm almost done with gone girl. (:

But I'm sorry.. I won't be on in October and November due to exams, so I'd participate back in December. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. ><

• The Wasp Factory - Iain M Banks

Who doesn't like a book where boys set fire to dogs and girls have their genitals eaten by them?

• Omg I can't believe you actually got this going...

• Lol why not?

• Well yeah. I wasn't expecting a turn out like this honestly. I just thought it'd be cool. I've loved reading since I was kid and I've always wanted to join a bookclub. I spend a lot of time here so I thought why not? It's also a way to interact and get to know each other.

• Yeah I see what you mean.

• I'm okay with whatever - just not one that's not 1000 pgs... I'm still trying to finish the GoT series xD

• I recommend-

A little life
    The school for good and evil

• I was so busy, I'll try to get Gone Girl tomorrow! I went to the Agatha Christie festival in Torquay this weekend, it was soo awesome! I bought a couple of books there and so my suggestion is 'The secret of chimneys'. :)

• Let me chime in here and recommend some classics.

Phantom of the opera
    Crime and punishment
    Watership down
    Lolita
    Sun also rises
    The odyssey
    The trial
    The gambler

• The Valcyries-Paulo Coelho

• I don't know what to recommend, haha. I'm not as well versed on adult literature anymore. :(

• What's the criteria for suggestions?

• There isn't any...

• Then I'd suggest "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynmann" by Richard P. Feynmann. It's a collection of anecdotes, the "lol... so that was a thing that happened" type of stories and some are just seriously eccentric but the prose is so well done, but not dry, that it's relatable for the layman.
      Another one I always throw out is The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. I read it back in high school and it's one of my favorites, like a true story horror story. Then the whole Ebola outbreak happened and I was just like "O___O..."
      And also The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It's about a cervical cancer patient, Henrietta Lacks, and the trials she went through not only with the somewhat ethically ambiguous nature of medical care ad research back then but also the fact that the ethical issues were also compounded by race.
      And lastly, I noticed someone put in Pride and Prejudice. I'd like to raise that to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, because. Just because. Zombz, man.

• Hey I'm really sorry but I still haven't gotten around to finishing the last book because I've been busy with school. But for October can we read a scary horror book? Like Stephen King or something? Just a thought

• Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer?

I finished Gone Girl already, well I actually read it before I heard about the group discussion :D

• Have you guys tried The Lovely Bones yet?

• Yes! I read that some years ago. Great book, rather creepy tho lol

• Yeah, that's why I like it, it's sad and so interesting to think about. Have you tried Call of Cthulha, it's a little difficult to follow but it's worth it.

I love reading but I also just read real crime books now lol

• I haven't heard of that one. I love reading too.

• I wasn't able to get Gone Girl :(

Suggestions:
    We Were Liars
    Pride and Prejudice

• Accepting new members? How about Sue Monk Kidd's The Invention of Wings or Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance?

• So many books so many decisions

Sorry I'm just passing by

Bye

• Oh let's read the alchemist by Paulo coelho what do you say max @maxemeister