Which of these animes do you think will stand the test of time?

I was thinking, when I'm older, will anyone remember my favourite shows? It's a sad thought that some of the very good stuff produced will be forgotten...
This applies to almost all media and that's what I was thinking about, but I'm just using anime in this question because there are so many good examples :)

Which of these more recent animes do you think will last the longest, like some of the slightly older animes (eg. Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon)
It doesn't matter WHY they're remembered, a long as people remember them. Take NGE for example, some people say it's full of pretentious bullshit, some say it's a work of art, some just think it's cool. And some, like me, think it's a mix of the three but not in equal measures.

Thanks for your opinion :)

(Bonus question: Is the plural of anime animes or still just anime? Because I'm not sure :) )

• Code Geass
  • FMA/Brotherhood
  • Deathnote
  • One Piece
  • Steins;Gate
  • I don't know
  • Something else which I have missed because I only have room for 5 :( (say which!)
I'm loving how no one is voting for Code Geass. Lulu will be sad.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• You missed Fairy tail...

• never heard of any of those I <3 naruto and dbz.

• Um, the best are Sword Art Online, Death Note, and Attack On Titan

What Guys Said 8

• "Deathnote" because it's in a league of its own no matter how you want to cut it, right? There aren't any similar shows to it unlike those other ones named up there ^_^.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Other detective-dark shows usually don't have a "chess" matchup between the main characters of the show.+ depending on how you wanna look at it both of the MCs could have been seen as protagonist - antagonist to most people LOl

• Van Hellsing ultimate! Deathnote probaly will.

One piece might get a crazy loyal cult following like Dragon ball z, who knows?

• Well, it's been going for longer than I've been alive, so I guess it's expected that it'll have some hardcore followers. Anyway, it's not like it's bad or anything. Otherwise, not so many people would watch/read it. :D

• The anime was never really my thing. The games on the other hand... I OWNED them. To an extent I still do. I'm pretty sure I'm the leading expert in my circle of friends anyway :)

• The Nintendo advanced games were classic.

• you forgot Naruto

• Meh, I acknowledge it, but it didn't make the list for some reason. It is a very smart choice though!

• I think it will stand the test of time because its already part of the pop culture.

• Fair point. I think I saw Bill Bailey wearing a Naruto shirt once :D

• For me its FMA: Brotherhood.

• G. Avatar.

• I like one piece the best out of that list

• dragon ball z... the REAL show

• Honestly, I've never seen it, and I probably won't get around to it. But it's a fair point. It came out in 1996, so I'm not sure if it counts as new anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• None of those will but DBZ has never vanished disappeared and it never will.