Stress relieving color pages?

I saw a thing on Facebook about adult color pages that are supposed to help relieve stress, I don't so much have a lot of stress but I do have bad anxiety and I thought I'd try it and see if it helps. I get so bad and so worked up that I've started a bad habit of cutting to help snap out of it and I'm trying to stop. I just get so worked up and upset and crying and then I cut and am calm and relaxed. I know it's wrong but it's all I've found that helped, so in looking for alternative ways to help deal with that. I figure I like to color and it's cool pics to color so might as well try it. Curious if anyone has tried these and if they've worked or not. I'm not expecting a miracle or anything but if I could do these when I start feeling anxious and it help maybe would help me with the attacks and stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• Consult your doctor.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only tried this:
    d3by36x8sj6cra.cloudfront.net/.../...509812660.jpg

It's just the same as any other coloring books really. It's just that most of them are patterned, and so I guess the repetitiveness makes it mindless and calming - or at least that's how it should be in theory. Personally, I just found it trite and wanted a break from the monotony instead. But then again, I wasn't using it for its intended purpose but more for my entertainment. Maybe it'll work on you. No harm done in giving it a try.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Sure, I've used colouring books. Not adult ones though :P I just got plain old kid's colouring books and use them to de-stress. Having something to concentrate on and ignore everything else is really good for things like anxiety, I recommend you try :)

• I have got kids coloring books before but these pics for the site I found are pretty cool and I think I'll like coloring them more, it's a little more difficult I think. I tried painting but was getting to where I'd cut and then paint and so wasn't really helping much so I'm hoping to try this and have it work.

• I've heard many people note that coloring relieved stress. Personally, it does help with my stress and anxiety. It allows me to focus and channel my thoughts and energy into something fun and enjoyable. It's not a permanent solution, but it can help. I don't have adult coloring books, just children's ones, but I don't think that matters too much.

Give it a go. It can't hurt to try.