What music genre (s) do you like and why?

I like rock and metal because to me, the lyrics have meaning, more emotion. For example, the song Coming Down by Five finger death punch, it is about being suicidal and how you shouldn't commit it and if someone who is suicidal can go to a website or call hotlines. Everyone likes different music for different reasons. What's yours?

• Do you like rock/metal, and why?
  • Do you like pop and why?
  • Do you like rap and why?
  • Do you like country and why?
  • Or other genres and why?
  • House/electronic/edm and why?
  • Or do you not listen to music and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like heavy metal and rock, but I like metal a little more. I just love the guitar and how advanced the musicality can be. The often epic lyrics are a bonus.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I had to pick one, I would say Pop. It has the most variety ranging from old-school sounding, inspiring, bubblegum, poignant, dance-worthy, work out upbeat... there's something for everyone and for every mood, and every culture has it. It's mainstream for a reason, it's a part of a lot of peoples' lives :)

What Guys Said 9

• I love rock and metal mostly, but like other stuff too. And I agree that the lyrical content of them is very meaningful, and especially is the acoustic/Ballard songs that they do. I just feel connected and lime I can relate to the lyrics, even if they haven't happened to me. It's just like I have a connection with the content and lyrics. And the fact I love the heavyness in metal, and can't help but love a bit of harsh vocals in some metalcore :p

• I really like a cross section of genres though I must admit I don't get rap/hip hop but I would listen to anything from classical to EDM otherwise.

• I love house/electronic and pop because the adrenaline and excitement I get from them almost like an addiction and the feeling I get from them, mostly when excercising and running. But alternative rock and plain rock too is also my main genre, such as MGMT <3 and Audio slave! pretty much beacsue of similar to what you said :)

• I love all music. Besides being beautiful and having an infectious rhythm, I want music to have a message wether political or an emotional human connection. Music is Unity!
    and who's that person who voted "no music?" I don't trust them!

• I'm open to ask genres, some I like more, some less but at the end it has just to sound good in my ears. And I don't care about song texts at all. But I listen mostly to electronic music because I listen usually to it while driving and it sounds better with the bass like metal, rock, etc.

• I don't listen to music. I just don't care enough to put the effort in.
    That doesn't mean I don't have a favourite song, I just don't lean particularly hard towards one genre- I just... don't care.

• rock and roll, it just sounds better

• Alternative rock is the best!!

• Jazz, classical, rock, some pop music too.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm a country girl, so country is the music of my life.

I like the subtle undertones of sexuality rather than the blatancy of other genres. Also, country music is about love and life, not straight up sex with a stranger.

• Country sings about my life. Trucks, tractors, beer, horses, all very real things in my life.

• J-pop, J-rock, Visual kei, and Oshare Kei are what I mostly listen to. Two of the music genre's are also fashion substyles which I find awesome.

• Mostly classical, I listen to country, electronic and pop too.

• I prefer electronic, because I enjoy melody more than lyrics.

• I love EDM music, it's so uplifting <3

• I'm pretty eclectic. I listen to most if not all genres of music.

• House/electronic/edm because it makes me wannna dance!

• I like rap, because of the beats and lyrics.

• I voted other, just because I have eclectic tastes. I listen to music daily, at least 8 hours a day. It helps me when I'm working, either relaxes me or gets me pumped up and motivated.

Yesterday I listened to melodic dubstep (each day is a different playlist, sometimes the same as last week though). I like:

Rock (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Kings of Leon, AC DC, Radiohead, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Joy Division, Duran Duran, Blonde Redhead - alternative rock)

Metal (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Tool, Nightwish)

Electronica (Daft Punk, Austra, Ladytron, Depeche Mode, Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, M83, Portishead

R&B (FKA Twigs, Aaliyah, Sade, Beyoncé, John Legend, Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Boyz II Men, Janelle Monae)

Classical (Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Bach)

Soundtracks (Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Alan Silvestri, John Williams, James Horner, Thomas Newman, Alexandre Desplat, Jóhann Jóhannsson)