Which did you like better: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" or "The Legend Of Korra"?

ATLA is one of my favorite shows of all time, but I expected much more from TLOK. What about y'all?

• Avatar: The Last Airbender
  • The Legend Of Korra
  • I liked both equally.
  • I liked neither.
  • ? Never heard of 'em.
I did like Zaheer from TLOK, though. He was an interesting villain.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• ATLA was so much better.

• Love both of them soo much. Avatar: The last Airbender was much more funnier

• the original!!! The only thing I liked about Korra was when she met toph. I hated everybody being either old or dead. Zuko looked really good though.

• i like legend of korra better, to me it has a more mature and complicated plot and character development.

• They both dealt with mature topics, but I still have to hand it to ATLA:

- hypernationalism & imperialism
      - genocide
      - parental abuse
      - police states and public manipulation
      - inheriting "sins" from others

That said, TLOK did deal well political subjects and less-than-stellar parenting.

• yeah i guess, though tlok delt more with characters that weren't necessarily evil, also i found korra had more internal struggle. it also subtly handled some real life issues, such as feminism, gay relations, violence not always being the answer, as well as overcoming failure. that's why i like it a little more. still think the're both great though :3

• The legend of Kora ❤❤

What Guys Said 12

• The original was just better done than the later. Better story, better plot progression and better characters. The only thing that Korra had going for her show is better animation but that's simply because it's newer and they used the tech and funds from the last to improve the later.

• TLOK had good music going for it also but still not as memorable as ATLA.

• Last Airbender was better to me.

But that episode featuring Wan, the first Avatar, holy shit that was good.

• Both shows were great but The Last Airbender was better, I can still watch it and enjoy any given episode. Korra was more shaky, I hated the focus they put on the poorly handled romances and the show felt less focused up until the later seasons.

• I liked them both really.

Until the last episode of LoK where they fucked everything up with that forced pairing.

"Let's throw in a lesbian pairing at the last second! We're so edgy! Hurhur!" Ugh...

• Ain't that the truth. :-/ The pairing was more fan-service than anything.

• korra was so centered around "relationships" and shit. i liked the other one way better. im not gonna watch some teen drama lol.

• This is a tough question!
    Im not sure. I guess I'll go with Korra. I like her more as an Avatar. Aang doesn't convince me. And I believe Watu is one of the best villains ever.
    What I like more in the last Airbender is the overall storyline about the war against the Fire Nation and the design. The design in Korra looks too modern which I didn't like so much. Both series are awesome!

• TLA was SO AWESOME! The movie was a disgrace though.

please let there be a series just as good as ATLA

• I haven't seen The Legend of Korra yet but I heard it sucked compared to The Last Airbender

• i liked the original better

• Mate, Sokka and Uncle Eyero (don't know how to spell it) were my favorite people by far, and it was super awesome and funny. The legend of Korea looked like shit compared to it

• Never heard of them, but they look awful.

• Toph with her blind jokes oh and Sokka on cactus juice "Friendly Mushroom"

• And let's not forget Apa and Momo's sword fight! And, of course, "My cabbages!" X-D

• "Not my cabbage corp!"

• Being a farmer, I could really sympathize with that dude. :-/