Would you consider yourself a weeaboo?

In case you don't know what it is, it is someone who is obsessed with Anime and Manga in general.

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

35

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a difference between a die hard anime fan (like myself) and a weeaboo. A weeaboo is a person who's usually an ass that wants to be Japanese, and acts like a crazed jerk if you don't like something they like, or who tries to act like some kind of failed Japanese person the likes to "correct" everyone about Japanese culture just because of a few things they've seen in the media. A die hard anime fan however is someone who just really likes anime and may, or many not collect anime memorabilia and they usually keep it to themselves while maintaining a mostly normal life (unless a convention pops up, or they're round other anime loving friends/family), some of us are even into J-fashion, but it doesn't mean we went to be Japanese. It only means we like the style and chose to wear it out ourselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• When people ask me why I have lost faith in humanity I show them this picture:
    i.warosu.org/data/ck/img/0067/97/1440078103768.png

• But I seriously like to know why people hate on die hardAnime/Manga fans. They just have a passion for a certain hobby as long as it's to themselves.

• Yeah I know I'm asking for opinions. However, there's a fine line between having an opinion and being an inconsiderate jackass in real life by maliciously, verbally attacking another person for being different and then shove your hostile viewpoints down that person's throat.

• "If I knew someone like this in real life I would leave them be." -Me, circa a couple minutes ago

What Girls Said 2

• not only manga/ anime but japan as a whole. i consider myself to be a low key quasi ironic weeb. lol

• No... I don't like any of that anime stuff.

What Guys Said 4

• I appreciate Japanese history and culture but I'm not obsessed. I think the language is really cool too. I watch some anime here and there too and read some manga. On the flip side, I read American comic books and animations based off of those too.

• I like anime and manga... However, I had always known that the industry is filled with mediocrity, fan service, rigid molds for stories and characters. This brutal assessment of anime and manga has helped me appreciate the true gems that pop up from time to time.

• Being a weeaboo was once looked down upon, culture of japan is why, which if you dont know it, how can you call yourself a weeaboo? Anyways its now pretty accepted, or at least people are calling themselves weeaboos to fit it, i like anime, ykno, im talkin dat samurai champloo and dat noragami, but if there was a weeaboo equivalent for wilfred i would be that

• No, I'm not a loser.

• How does being a big Anime/Manga lover make someone a loser?