The scariest movie ever?

my friend told me that NO movie can scare her... i wanna proof her wrong,,,

any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• The Hills Have Eyes was terrifying for me :P

What Guys Said 10

• I always found the possession movies like The Omen or The Exorcist genre way more scary than slasher movies.

• The Green Inferno! It is gory af! A few people fainted when I watched this movie. That will get her for sure. I don't want to spoil the movie, but it's about cannibalism. Warning: Extremely graphic and violent.

• i don't know why everyone is saying 'The Evil Dead' it didn't scare me the slightest, i would say 'The Conjuring' or 'Deliver Us From Evil' they both scared me a bit

• also, i forgot to mention. 'The Babadook' is another scary movie for me

• Id have to go with possesions

Babadook
    Insidious
    Omen
    Exorcist
    Emily rose
    Conjuring
    Sinister

But depends what works for her, maybe real stories would be better... plus horror movies is all about your surroundings, if your in a theater full of people it won't do anything

BUT if she's in some cabin in the country all alone, watching it lol... id bet it would scare her

• If you wanna prove her wrong make sure the conditions are right

• The Grudge (japanese movie)

• Are we talking straight up scary or scary and disturbing?

• Well Julia Roberts scares me. The scariest and most disturbing movie, even throwing up at 2 points, I ever watched was "A Serbian Film." But DON'T WATCH IT! I can't stress that enough! DON'T WATCH IT! Stick to something like "Faces of Death" reality usually scares people pretty good.

• I dare your friend to watch "August Underground's Mordum"

• I'm a lot like this girl. The trick is to avoid CGI. This person probably doesn't believe the ghost stories or monsters or any of that bull. But they can get scared. By realism. You have to find a movie that's pretty much just the average person going insane in a somewhat realistic but unpredictable way. Something like the strangers or the purge. Those two aren't particularly scary but they fit my description. Anything outside of a movie like that probably won't phase her.

• I agree with the realism thing. Any time I've watched a scary film with CGI, it always makes me further question if it could even happen, which then makes me less scared. But the best scary movies are the one where it's a simple concept, yet terrifying because it seems to happen so easily. Think of Paranormal Activity, a lot of people got scared watching that movie, same with Blair Witch Project. Some people actually believed those kids were actually killed out in the woods somewhere. One of my favourite movies like this is Black Christmas (The original), no CGI, just a killer making creepy calls. But it's unnerving because the calls are both disturbing and people keep disappearing.

• "Funny games" qualify as that

• The new Evil Dead scared the fuck outta me and I've only seen parts of it. Darkness Falls I've heard is scary too.

• Watch the latest Evil Dead.

What Girls Said 4

• Hills have Eyes, the Conjuring, Insidious, The Fourth Kind (this one, scared the crap outta me for months!). Sinister (seriously crazy movie!), Annabelle, The Exorcist.

Your friend has to watch the movies in the dark too. Maybe that will make them more scary! :)

• Tell her to watch Audition, it's by takashi miike and its so creepy. It does have subtitles tho, as it is a Japanese flick. But it's a doozy. And I'm not a fraidy cat but it was awesome. If it doesn't scare her she will definitely enjoy it

• i think 30 days of night was scary

• Alien, Friday The 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street...