Are there any psychedelic singers, rock bands or groups that you like. Some that I like are: The Doors, Janis Joplin, The Moody Blues, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The United States of America, Cream, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Pearls Before Swine, Kaleidoscope, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Country Joe & The Fish, 13th Floor Elevators etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve The Doors x 1000000000000.

ie: I was made aware of them by older male dates and now listen to them weekly :)

• I love the music from eras before the 2000s better

• I believe if I wa sof age I would have been a hippy in the 60's

• Me too dude x 10000000000000000000!!! :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• i love psychedelic music. you listed a good amount that i like already but i'll add to it.
    funkadelic: (free your mind and your ass will follow)- they're more known for later more mainstream danceable records but this one is purely acid driven and beautiful.
    meat puppets: no matter what record you have of theirs you will find some psychedelia mixed in it somewhere, especially their second record, pure psychedelic-country punk bliss.
    stereolab- really cool and psychedelic sounding in the early to mid 90's.
    silver apples- overlooked 60's band, worth a listen.
    the red krayola- their first record is wild
    the pretty things: their 60's output is great, especially sf sorrow
    butthole surfers: their output in the 80's is incredible, so funny and great.
    the damned: listen to machine gun etiquette, the black album and strawberries and it's a trifecta of psychedelic punk almost unmatched.
    wire: chairs missing and 154 are almost perfect, somewhat syd barrett inspired.
    the wipers: more of a punk band, but their 2nd album youth of america is incredible
    spacemen 3: took 13th floor elevators and velvet underground and mixed them well
    love: forever changes is the best album of the 60's. no contest. their others are great too.
    mazzy star: get lumped into lame categories but are more psychedelic than credited for.
    there's also many great shoegaze bands (especially from 1989-1994) that i love, some have come back recently after being left for dead for years, the tide turned finally.

• A long time ago in college I had a passing phase of liking The Doors possibly alcohol related - I thought the music was good but when I was sober and thought about lyrics, appeal drifted a little.

• Shpongle, Younger Brother, Sleepy Sun, Odessa

• Shpongle, Dog Fashion Disco, Ron Rothfield (Raja Ram)