Do you think my 'drawing' is 'pretty'?

Do you think my 'drawing' is 'pretty'?
Just bored. What do you think? I think it looks horrible

Most Helpful Guy

• I imagine you had a good design going through your head which is nice. I feel like your design is being hurt by drawing stereotypes.

What do I mean "drawing stereotypes?"
    Here is what I mean...
    Quickly draw a house and a tree however you want.
    Drawn them? Ok. Did your drawing look like the one at the bottom of the page? If so, you fell into the stereotype drawing. You've been raised and grew up with the idea of a typical house being a square and triangle with maybe 2 windows and a large rectangle door, maybe a small chimney... And a tree is just a squiggly bush thing with a log at the bottom.
    If you want to further see the wonders of psychological drawing stereotypes, sit in front of a mirror and draw a self portrait of your face in 20 minutes or less. Stop. Put your drawing aside somewhere you can't see it. Now, draw a pic of your parent with the same gender-- for you that'd be female. Don't look off any pics, just draw from memory of what she looks like and give yourself only 20 minutes.
    Once that is done, compare pics. Do your pictures look similar? If so, you are being hurt again by drawing stereotypes. You have an idea of what things should look like on a face and it is hurting your creativity and drawing.

Getting rid of drawing stereotypes is the first way to move on to better designs and more advanced art. These are things I started in the beginning of my art classes freshman year of high school. The only house I drew was the house below. After 4 years of drawing 5 times a day for an hour, I got MUCH better.

In your drawing specifically, your drawing stereotypes are being hurt by grass being generically 'pointy' blades. The flowers are being portrayed as circles with squiggle circle around them followed by a stem stick with one or two leaves. The stars/cloud/sun are being portrayed as the interpretation of concepts you may have grown up with.

Try expanding your horizons. I'm sure you can :)
    Maybe look and observe at these things in nature as you see them day to day. Does the sun really have a defined circle or is just kind of a fuzzy ball? Is grass really that pointy, all in a same height and all in the same direction? Are stars all the same size, and spaced evenly in the sky? Do flowers look like that or are they more complex?

It is just things to think about. I know you can do it :D

TL;Dr; It is great you are doing art and having ideas, but you are being hurt by drawing stereotypes. Try observing nature and changing uo your drawing :)
    chrisglass.com/.../0705-house-drawing.jpg

• drawing five times a week*
      Not five times a day for an hour LOL

• Omg, I love your opinion!! <3 I'll definitely try genuinely next time, it took me like 20 secs to draw this so I guess it should be expected it was horrible.. I don't think I can draw 'people' (can you by the way? ) but I'll definitely try!!

• Good luck! With enough practice, you'll be great in no time :)

I can draw people, but I've always been more of an animal person myself.
      Here are some things I've done before.
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1691551-who-likes-to-draw

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Seems to be a mix of night and day - Is that the sun and stars in the sky.

• Lol yeah 😂😂😂

• It looks like something you'd see when you've done a line of special k, 7 joints, 4 pills and some heroin.

• Reminds me of the stars I used to get in school from my teachers 😂😂 and that's a horrible drawing 😯

• You're so mean 😢

• The extremely right one and just the inner part ;)

• Now I'm traumatized 🙈

• I've never seen the sun and the stars in the sky in the the same time like that, but I like it.

• Omg I forgot that! How could ii! 😂

• Yes, it's very nice i like how it's unique and different , quite classy

• that's the type of drawing I would have expected from myself :p

decide yourself if that's a compliment or insult haha

• Actually it's not bad, it shows creativity, you have potential, next time use colored pencils

• Yeahhh i'm creative lol

• It's hard to just come up with things randomly and draw it well enough to recognize it so who knows maybe being bored you'll come up with new things again😊

• If Leoardo da Vinci was alive, he would be threatened of losing his job...

• Horrible
    *brutal honesty*
    I'm sure you can do better, you probably did this in a hurry

• This belongs in a museum.

• You think right;it is bad really, you can do better under true conditions...

• Looks like a bad example of drawing who was made by 3yo mentally challenged kid.

• Dafuq did I just see lol :D

• Love it it screams boredom of the class room : )

• My sun usually has no nose xD

• Wow nice ;)

• Its not a drawing... It seems like time pass :p

• Well I was bored as hell

• Stars are beside flowers 😅and there's a sun? I guess lol 😂😂
      10/10 for stupidity :p

• 😢😢😢

What Girls Said 8