Is Modeling a shallow topic to write a slam poem about?

I'm in a slam poetry competition and the itself is great but could I come in a last place if the audience doesn't see the significance of the struggles that models face like sexual abuse, drug abuse , corruption in the fashion Industry etc. ? Poems about black power seem to get more attention.

• yes shallow
  • No anything goes

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing about art/writing is you have to create something that you feel strongest about - If you create just to get higher up in a competition you are fooling yourself and your audience - Your original work could have been better and gained a higher place - Stay true to yourself, art works are created for yourself first, your audience second and recognition is lower down the list.

What Guys Said 2

• Wouldn't it be more provocative to write about the high standards they have to live up to?

• "struggles", models? Really, are you kidding me?

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel strongly about it, go for it. The audience will connect to your passion.