What's your most favorite Grand Theft Auto (GTA) video game in the whole franchise?

What's your most favorite Grand Theft Auto(GTA) video game in the whole franchise?

• GTA III
  • GTA Vice City
  • GTA San Andreas
  • GTA IV
  • GTA V
  • Other GTA games

Most Helpful Girl

• i only played vice city.. haha

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even remember GTA 3

• You were probably too young to have even remember the game at the time when it first released.

• Mine's a tie between San Andreas and Vice City. GTA V was fun and all but the fun didn't quite last as long as San Andreas did and no other GTA games can ever beat Vice City's storyline.

• Yeah mine is San Andreas

What Girls Said 2

• VICE CITY I was obsessed with it the missions car hoping stealing and the music ugh I loved the radio stations

• Me too and it was started my 80s obsession. :)

• Well my favourite film of all time is Back to the Future so that is in there naturally. Then there's The Terminator and off the top of my head Ferris Bueller's Day Out, The Goonies and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. :) Yourself?

• @Sam89
      Mmm
      The outsiders
      Weird Science
      Earth Girls Are Easy
      Coneheads
      The Blues Brothers

• If you're going to ask "in the whole franchise", list GTA 1 and 2 too. Remember, those games started it all in the first place.

GTA 2 is my favourite, always will be. San Andreas is a close second.

• There's a reason why I added "Other GTA games" as an option for your answer. Also, not that many people really enjoyed the first 2 original GTA games on the PS1 as they did on the 3D era GTA games (III, Vice City, San Andreas). Not that the ones on the PS1 days were bad games or anything. They just didn't have much of an impact that the 3D ones did.

• They did have a pretty big impact, though. Why do you think Rockstar bought DMA Designs, and how did you think they got the funding for GTA 3?

Perhaps it was a long time ago, but the GTA games had a lot of impact and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone over 30 who hasn't heard of the old GTA Games.

What Guys Said 9

• I would've said GTA V, but it's unfair because obviously now they have more understanding and opportunity to make it better. I put Vice City because it's the first one I got when I was... 8, but that's a long story.

• For me it would be GTA: Vice city. I loved the 80's vibe it felt and song choices were generally good. The radio station is always on haha.

• Vice City. It's the first game i played of the franchise. I was even upset when they anounced GTA5 would take place in Los Santos rather than Vice City. Anyway, hopefully GTA6 will take place in Vice City.

• It was between GTA SA and GTA VC for me.

I had to go with GTA SA however because it was so bed and more "open world".

• I think Vice City was where the series started looking for the right direction, San Andreas was where they totally found it, IV was where they totally lost it and V was where they started to look for it again.

• I've only played 3, 4, and 5. Out of those id go with 5

• San Andreas is the best ever made by far

• Vice City. I still go back to it now every so often.

• San Andreas. I liked it.
    But all these games make me nauseous.