I can't understand why Louis CK is considered funny... why do you think he is?

I enjoy listening to Calin and Bill Burr both great but Louis CK I find extremely annoying. People consider him of high intelligence in this day in age and I am thinking... why.

• I really like him
  • I find him annoying as well
Carlin*

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I like all the people you mentioned. But he isn't the best comedian. I wouldn't say he is highly intelligent. He doesn't speak properly, and some of his jokes aren't that good, but he is funny.

My favourites are Billy Connolly and Steven wright , there are other but I think they are some of the best

What Girls Said 11

• If you watch some of his stand up on Youtube, he's got some pretty good clips. I'm not sure where else you can watch him but... it's worth a look for sure!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTULoJlD_V4

• I have mixed feelings about him. I can only watch one episode of Louie at a time... it gets kind of depressing and starts to wear on you if I do any more. I feel like a lot of his stuff is just hit or miss, and when it misses, it really misses. As for highly intelligent, I don't know... but he can be pretty relatable and clever at times.

• He's so down. He's always pessimistic. He hates everything and he's basically a fat fuck having no idea what to do with his life or his time. I can relate.

• I don't know who Bill Burr is, so I have no comment on his comedy. But with Louis CK, I think I like the fact that he's really realistic. Maybe it's just because I'm pessimistic and crabby, so his pessimistic crabbiness resonates with me...

• He thinks about everyday things in a new way, which is a pretty accessible and universal form of comedy. He has a low-key delivery that doesn't detract from his jokes. I think his stand-up is funny but his TV show is pretty mediocre.

• He's awesome

• I like Louis CK xD it's Bill Burr I find annoying, I can't explain why though, I just do

• I don't know about high intelligence, but the few short clips of him I've seen were funny. I guess he's funny, because most people can relate the situations his jokes are based on.

• I like him because he seems pretty honest like he's not trying to hard to be funny.

• I FUCKING LOVE HIMMMM. so relateable

• He's pretty funny, nothing particularly special but he's good to watch sometimes.

What Guys Said 14

• I am a huge stand up comedy guy. I found bill burr long before he made it big. I never say I have a "favorite" since comics usually go 1.5-2yrs with the same material. So i kinda look at the top 5 as my number 1 favorite of the current times.
    my top 5 currently is: bill Burr, Jim Jeffries, Joe Rogan, Louis CK, Doug Stanhope.
    but there are a bunch that might pop up there at any time. and too many good comedians to list...

• he's really not funny. people just think he's funny because he adds shock value. being an asshole and admitting it doesn't exactly make you funny. he just says things that people are too afraid to admit so they get uncomfortable and just laugh because it's "comedy".

the best example is mitch headberg (god rest his soul), one of my favorite comedians. i forget the joke exactly (impressive considering it's 99% 1 liners), but he said it and everyone started laughing. he replied along the lines of, "why you're laughing? it doesn't even make any sense". for clarification, he basically just said a random sentence as if it had a punch line. but the audience "tried" do get it so they started laughing, but didn't know what they were laughing at. people laugh at louis ck's jokes because they want to believe it's funny, not because it's actually funny.

• Actually, I think Louis CK is hilarious. He makes good points about every day life things and combines it with some nonesensical stuff here and there. Plus he is a good performer and seems like an honest guy rambling about shit, doesn't even try.

When I see Bill Burr on the other hand, all I see is a guy with a whiny voice struggling to be funny.

Tastes, I guess.

• So you think he is funny because he rambles about everyday life? Well actually I disagree with you completely about him being funny or intelligent. but like you said... preferences.

• -"I find this particular individual not funny. Why do other people find this individual funny?"

Well gee I dunno maybe because he is funny to many? I mean... what is there to be said here?

• Way to cherry pick and make this into a different question, shit job at not answering the question.

• One might as well stop dribbling the ball in basketball and just carry all of the time and play that way.

My point being that you don't suddenly start playing the game by ignoring it's most basic principles and then expect the other to play along. If you stop dribbling, you lose pretty much.

• there's nothing worse than a budding philosopher. Ill accept defeat only if I never have to hear that again.

• Louis CK is definitely an acquired taste in my opinion, most of his jokes are hit and miss, mostly miss, and he tends to get most of his laughs thanks to shock value which I feel is the lowest form of humor, right below fart jokes. Bill Burr is friggin hilarious though.

• That's weird cuz he's pretty similar to their styles.

• We're not all required to have the same sense of humor. Amy Schumer annoys me, but I'm glad she brings happiness to other people. There's not enough happiness in the world. I admire people who take away some of the misery.

• he's funny in a sort of self defeating way but he's got no balls. i almost feel pathetic to even relate, i dont understand how a guy can see things the way he does and still place women on a pedestal

his show sucks though for sure

• You just dont undastand, i never heard od thos other guys but they probably suck, louis ck ain't cheap ass comedy, like i heard some guy goin on about subway for like 7 mins, what the hell is that shit? Louis ck is comedy gold

• Because you don't have the intelligence needed to understand his jokes.

• He has a certain twisted side to his jokes, not saying it's witty humor, but it's entertaining.

• I think you meant Carlin. Carlin is my all time fav, Louis CK is good too, your preference maybe.

• He's as funny as the big bang theroy and that show isn't funny

• As with any other comedian, some people like his act more than others.