Which of the following first-person shooter game franchise do you prefer the most out of the rest?

• Halo
  • Call of Duty
  • Battlefield
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein
  • Others

Most Helpful Girl

• Love Doom! <3

• Are you excited for the upcoming new Doom game for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC, that won't be released until sometime in early-mid 2016?

• Sounds fun. The new map thing will probably be interesting to test out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Halo 3 was amazing! So was ODST. Reach had too much emphasis on the armour powers and the headshots, so it wasn't nearly as much fun.

Battlefield 1942 was legendary! Ramming aircraft carriers with battleships, divebombing tanks, dogfighting in the skies above, hiding behind a tank and repairing its damage as it assaults the enemy. Bad Company was pretty good too, but from BF3 onwards they were trying too hard to be like Call of Duty and that, combined with the rampant DLC killed the franchise for me.

Call of Duty 3 is one of my all-time favourite multiplayer games. The classes were well balanced, the maps were fun, I couldn't get enough of it. The transition to an XP system, with unlocks and perks, spoiled it in my opinion. You stopped playing because it was fun, and instead for killstreaks and perks. How unbalancing are killstreaks? Someoen who can kill seven people in a row without dying does NOT need a gunship helicopter's help!

Doom. I love Doom. I played tons of Doom when it first came out, way back in 1993. Doom 3, I hated at first. Stupid flashlight, stupid weak weapons, lazy 'enemies spawn behind you' design. When the BFG edition came out, I found a great patch on the Steam forums which increased the damage, rate of fire and ammo capacity of the shotgun. This *transformed* the game. Remember in the original, how you could play through the whole thing with just the shotgun? This patch enabled that for Doom 3. So much fun.

Wolfenstein is the daddy. Bursting into a room and mowing everyone down with a minigun was absolutely superb. New Order is a worthy sequel. It looks, sounds, and plays amazing. The game world is a masterpiece of design and architecture.

What Girls Said 5

• Doom is the only one I played

• COD advanced warfare! whoop whoop

• Other: Destiny

• My favorite is definitely the Crysis series.

• Does skyrim and fallout count? They're the only games I play. I'm addicted.

What Guys Said 7

• I love halo 1-3 for me a step above all the others, but it became an also ran after 3. The original halo on the xbox was what got me hooked on shooters. So I'm going halo.

• 0|0
  • I love the original Doom game.
    I don't like any of the rest of those games.

• I like halo the best since you don't die instantly when shot like call of duty or most shooting games.

• out of those I choose doom, but I like the Borderlands games the best

• I'm the only one to pick wolfenstein :(

• There was a zombie game way back that I liked. It wasn't Doom though. I forgot the name.