What's the last album you listened to all the way through?

I always hear how no one listens to albums anymore, they just listen to singles mostly. Something about a short attention span, i don't believe that entirely. What's the last album you listened to all the way through, maybe skipping just 1 or 2 tracks, almost everything has filler somewhere on it. Also how long ago was this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been listening to quite a few albums all the way through for the past couple of years. I realized it was much better to listen to a whole album because an album is a piece of art on itself, with all the songs that it has. If I really dislike a song I skip it, yeah.

This is the one is that last one I've listened to :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqYxNrzOKOA

Most Helpful Guy

• This one. I had to go look in the stereo to see which CD was in there.
    www.amazon.com/.../B000P6U360

This was from the library. I go about once a month and pick up 8-12 CDs. I also have a decent collection myself and listen to them. Not thousands like some people have, but enough to give some variety. At the library I usually grab a boxed set, a couple blues CDs, a few CDs from the general rock/pop section, and a totally random CD of somebody I never heard of.

People who only listen to singles are very seriously missing out on some good music. It's VERY common for the best songs to be something on an album that you've never heard of.

• 'It's VERY common for the best songs to be something on an album that you've never heard of.'- man that is so so true. most of the time i find myself liking the deep or buried cuts on an album more than the singles.

• that's album you linked sounds good too. i know sonny boy was a huge inspiration for the animals as well as many of the British invasion bands from the mid 60's.

What Girls Said 6

• I still listen to albums as long as I think the artist or band is worth it. I just listened to Songs About Jane about a week ago:

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...-_Songs_About_Jane.png

• No - I always listen to albums - I can't be bothered to change tracks every three minutes and I'm old skool, I still have a CD player in my car not an MP3 player so no shuffle. I hate shuffle though, gone are the days of the epic mix tape :(

The last album I listened to was in the car this morning and it was the new Kasabian album. It's growing on me... some great tracks on it. Before that it was the Best of Adam and The Ants.

• Hmmm do Singles count? 😅
    Lol well in case they don't the last actual album would have been Trilogy by The Weeknd I'm basically listening to that album on the replay it's epic 👌

• Hmmm... probably would be Nick Jonas. I loved his last album

• stevie wonder talking book I think

• Eagles - The Very Best of the Eagles, its one of my favorite albums and i listen to it all the time...
    www.youtube.com/watch

What Guys Said 9

• Paul McCartney's Ram... It was his second album (and in my opinion his best solo album) after he left The Beatles

I love listening to albums. I have probably about 300-400 vinyl records. I often times will spend a weekend night inviting friends over and then picking a few albums to listen through.

but i agree the practice of listening to entire albums is probably less than it was

• These are today:
    I started this morning with Dude Ranch by Blink 182. Then I followed up with 21 Pilots' Blurryface. Then I decided that I remembered liking their album Vessel more, so I listened to that to make sure. I was correct, both are great, but Vessel is better out of the two in my opinion. Then I listened to The Lumineers self titled album (so excited for their second album btw). After this I decided to listen to Building Nothing Out of Something, I admittedly hate track 4 titled Medication, but I never skip it in hopes that someday I will like it.

I was thinking about which album I would listen to next and decided to go on GaG to pass the time until I made a decision and then I saw your question :)

Have any suggestions? I literally listen to anything.

• the only album that I've ever listened through song to song was Daft Punk, Random Access Memories

• Huey Lewis, greatest hits album

• I listen to full albums about 3-10 times a week, depending on how I feel and how busy I am that week.

• Billy talent-billy talent

• i don't remember

• Ellie Goulding's Halcyon Days album yesterday while doing homework at midnight. Before that it was probably 1989 by Taylor Swift